Chapter 9

Today it was the 'dynamic duets' at the Glee club and Marley was terrified, not for singing cause she didn't had a problem. But for wearing a superhero costume or a spandex suit as she calls them, right now she was on the glee classroom with the rest of her partners and friends, Finn was sitting along side her was they were waiting for Ryder and Jake's duet cause they were the first one's to start.

Suddenly both Ryder and Jake arrived to the glee room both dressed in balck suits, with a black hat and also glasses as they now started singing at each other at first but then they both looked at Marley trying to impress her.

(Video's version is shorter but better)

[JAKE, (RYDER)]

I am (I am)

[JAKE & RYDER]
I am superman
And I know what's happening

[JAKE, (RYDER)]
I am (I am)

[JAKE & RYDER]
I am superman
And I can do anything
You don't really love that guy you make it with now do you?
I know you don't love that guy 'cause I can see right through you

[JAKE, (RYDER)]
I am (I am)

[JAKE & RYDER]
I am superman
And I know what's happening

[JAKE, (RYDER)]
I am (I am)

[JAKE & RYDER]
I am superman
And I can do anything
If you go a million miles away
I'll track you down, girl
Trust me when I say I know the pathway to your heart
Oh! Oh!

[RYDER]
Yeah!

[JAKE & RYDER]
Yeah-eah!
If you go a million miles away
I'll track you down, girl
Trust me when I say I know the pathway to your

[RYDER]
Heart!

[JAKE]
I am superman

[JAKE & RYDER]

And I know what's happening

[RYDER]
Uh oh! oh!

[JAKE, (RYDER)]
I am (I am)

[JAKE & RYDER]
I am superman
And I can do anything

[JAKE, (RYDER)]
Yeah! (Oh! Oh!)
I am (I am)

[JAKE & RYDER]
I am superman
And I know what's happening

[RYDER]
Yeah!

[JAKE, (RYDER)]
I am (I am)

[JAKE & RYDER]
I am superman
And I can do anything
Oh! Oh!

During the duet both Ryder and Jake tried to move infront of each other and be the one singing to Marley, they would pushed one and other while singing, give glares to each other and kneel down looking at the brunnete girl trying to impress her but the other one will move him out of the way. At first Marley was just having fun hearing both guys singing which was pretty good as well as the rest of the New Directions who enjoyed the duet, but at the end for the second time Ryder and Jake started fighting at the end of the duet as they wanted to be the one who win Marley's affection.

Finn was impressed by the duet and for him they were really good, but at the end he had to run directly to them to avoid a big problem as Jake and Ryder were pushing each other and nearly started beat themselves but he and Sam separated them, Finn then decided to talk sternly to both guys alone in the auditórium. As they were three he spoke first looking at Jake and Ryder who were sitting down in a chair still in the costumes.

"My goal was to bring you two together, not to have you dress up and karate-chop each other in the face!" Finn exclaimed clearly mad at both of them for all the chaos they create.

"It was a lame exercise" Jake simply respnded a little annoyed at Finn's solution.

"No, you know what's a lame? Not winning at sectionals, and if we don't get our act together, we are gonna lose and then that's gonna be it!" Finn exclaimed again at them as for him it was important to see Jake and Ryder to work together as they were part of the glee club and sectionals was just three days from there.