Chapter 16

It was now time for the Sadie Hawkins dance as pretty much everyone at McKinley was getting ready to receive their students and their dates or partners for tonight's dance. So back at home Sebastian was getting ready with a dark blue tux suit, he was finishing to adjust his tie with also putting some cologne as well just to finish his outfit for tonight, of course like he always do Sebastian did his hair with some gel too as that little tradition from Dalton still in his normal life kicks in. He then took his wallet and his car keys before going out of his room and walking down stairs to where his uncle Daniel was finishing preparing his dinner for the night.

"Hey Sebastian, you clean up nicely son. I see you are ready for the dance." Daniel said with a proud smile eyeing Sebastian's outfit which he approved by the way.

"Yeah I am, uhm uncle I wanted to tell you something. I took some money from my future scholarship, sorry but I needed some money for later tonight as I have something planned for Marley and I am hoping it actually works." Sebastian said a bit nervous telling his uncle about him taking some money for something he wanted to do with Marley tonight, hoping that it didn't cause a problem.

"Is okay Sebastian, I get it. I once was your age and if I could have that money back on my time I would too use it and more if it was to take a girl on a date. Although I thought that you wanted to save that money for your scholarship at some high profile university, you are a great performer at Dalton so maybe a school related to that was fine to you?" Daniel said, putting down his dish with the dinner and walking closer to Sebastian who raised his eyebrows, surprised by his uncle's words, so he laughed at this for a second.

"I'm sorry uncle Daniel but even if I really liked and enjoyed being a performer and student at Dalton that isn't what I want to study at college. I have my priorities set on other things which are far more important than singing and dancing in schools, sorry to disappoint you on that." Sebastian replied after laughing but ended seriously because he wanted to be clear, yeah he loved his time being at Dalton as the captain of the Warblers and singing with them but there was another thing that was his main goal.

"That's fine and I'm sure you will achieve anything you set but, are you sure you do want to dedícate yourself to what you said to me the first time you arrived here in Ohio? Is just that I want you to be happy and maybe working and dedicating yourself on that will prevent you from having a normal life." Daniel said unsure, trying to understand and see why Sebastian didn't want to continue his career of performer, dancer and choreographer at Dalton because many people actually complimented him about being a great dancer and singer while being with the Warblers.

"Of course I want you to know why I want to do it. I was never more than sure about it because indeed, I want to be a forensic scientist and make justice for my family and my father. There's not a single day were I think about him on how unfair he was accused for a crime he didn't committed." Sebastian exclaimed now, getting a bit frustrated because his uncle wasn't seeing what he wanted to do, Daniel was unsure if Sebastian could be happy for being a CSI but not for liking it, it was to clear his father's name and search for Nora's killer.

"I know I know because I think just like you that your father didn't do that, look Barry I get that you want to become a forensic scientist because of what happened to your mother. But the reason why I told you about studying something else is because I want you to be happy, to have a normal life and not have all the weight and burden on your shoulders dedicating your whole life to searching for your mother's killer. I admire your determination and bravery Barry and I just want the best for you because you have been hit with a big tragedy that I don't wish on anyone in this world and even though I am still impressed by seeing you happy and without any single trail of trauma." Daniel said again, now calling Sebastian by his real name and now of course they were talking again about the reason for Sebastian being in Ohio far from his home and foster family.