19 - ✨Animal-like instincts✨

(just thought the image was cute-

it's Deceit!) 

(I'm sorry) 

*~*~*~*
*Thomas's POV*

It's been some days. I haven't meet Gideon yet, but I do think I was getting better. I was no longer feeling so paranoid and I followed my friends advise and found myself a nice therapist, besides my anxiety about those places. It's actually helping and I was feeling better.

Of course, the apparent feeling of safety feels bittersweet when taken away.

I was just hanging out with Joan, Talyn and Camden in the living room, preparing another "Joystick Joyride" video and ordering pizza when someone called my phone.

-"Private number"? Haven't seen one of those since we prank called back in 9th grade. - I rolled my eyes, going to pick it up mainly for curiosity.

-Put it on loud speaker. I'm curious. - Talyn asked, also convinced this was a prank call.

I put on loud speaker and picked up the call. On the other side, I could ear a weird background noise, but it was too quiet to understand what it was.

-Uh, hello? - I said, not so sure what was going on anymore.

-Hello Thomas. I reeeeally missed you. Did you missed me? I hope you did.

The voice was... vaguely familiar, but I couldn't exactly tell who it was.

-Who is this and how did you get my number?

-I can't belive you don't remember me, your dear old friend! We had such a nice time together...

I looked over at the others, but neither recognized the voice. Either way, they kept speaking.

-You all look very comfortable over there in those onsie pijamas. Wouldn't the couch be better though? I can recall Joan's back was starting to hurt.

I looked around, scared. Who was this and why did they knew who was in there? Was I being spied on?

-Who is this? - my voice grew louder, but also more scared.

-Although I do think you'd look cuter in Camden's cat onsie, and Talyn would do better in yours. But that's my humble opinion.

Camden got up to close the blinds, thinking someone could be watching from there.

-Uh, Thomas... I think we're talking to the creep camped in your backyard with a pair of binoculars.-He said, focusing his eyes.

-Don't you remember me, Thomas? Oh, I remember you so well...

-Why is his hand down his pants...? - Camden muttered before closing the blinds.

-Who am I talking to? - I repeated once again.

-Can't you remember me? Let me try to elucidate you: Remember the fun we had after I dragged you to the back of my van-

I turned the call off, tossing the phone away from me, covering my mouth and shaking.

-Oh my God, are you okay Thomas? - Talyn asked, carefully getting closer.

-How did he knew my number, m-my name? I haven't told him any of that! H-how did he... how did he knew who you were? Wha-What...

Joan got up and opened the blinds, standing by a very confused Camden.

-Leave him alone or we're calling the police, you dirty *ss f*ck! - they yelled before closing the blinds again.

My palms where sweating beneath the gloves, breath picking up and my thoughts sinking me into despeer. I wasn't just a one time thing for that guy, he planned to make me a target. He knew who my friends were, where I lived, my private number...