Chapter 1

(At the beginning of each chapter, I'll put a song that kind of goes with the part of the story. Enjoy :))

I remember this day very well. This day changed my life. Did it change in a good way? I'm still not sure, I was pretty happy before.

I was listening to my Ramones album on my record player when my brother, Mike, barged in. "Austin, you got a sec?"

"I guess so, this better be important." he dragged me down the stairs of our house and I saw Tre chilling on the couch eating pickles out of a jar like he owned the place. He basically lived here, since he's been my best friend my entire life, he's at our house more than his own. It's fine with me, he's like my second brother.

"YOOOOOO, DUSTYYYYYY!!!!" Tre jumped up from the couch and swallowed me in a massive bear hug. He gave me the nickname Dusty a long time ago when we were kids and I got dust in my eye while vacuuming. I had jogged next door to his house and asked him to help me get it out.

"So what do you guys want? Aren't you guys supposed to be preparing for a music video shoot?" They exchanged glances with each other, then turned back to me.

"Yes, but this is important. We were wondering if you would like to play rhythm guitar for Green Day. Billie is a great guitar player, but it would be nice to give him some backup. So what do ya say?" Tre asked. They want me to join their band? They've been very successful in the past, why would they need help? Of course I'm gonna say yes, it'll give me something better to do with my time.

"Sure, I guess. As long as I'm allowed to get a new guitar, mine sucks ass."

"Alright, fine. I'll take you to the guitar sho-" I cut Mike off.

"No, I can go on my own. I don't need my big brother to take me everywhere anymore. But I'll need your car...."

Mike tossed me his keys and I caught them in mid-air. "Tre, wanna come along?"

"Nah, Mike and I really should be getting back to the studio. Meet us there after work with your stuff."

I grabbed my wallet and made my way out the door to Mike's car. I'll go to my job at the record store first, then after I get my paycheck for the week I'll get a new guitar. On my way, I popped "Warning" into Mike's CD player.

I pulled up to Starbucks and hopped out of the car. Everyday before work I have to get coffee for my friends, Jack and Paulina, and I. We all met through work and have been really close since.

Once I got their orders, I made my way to the record shop. When I arrived and walked in with the coffee, I had "Waiting" in my head. It was one of my favorite songs of the album. I saw Paulina at the counter and Jack restocking records in the back when I walked in. "Yo!! I brought coffee!"

"COFFEE???" I heard from Jack's direction and next thing I knew I only had two coffee cups left in my hand.

"Well, here's yours." I handed Paulina's to her and made my way around the counter with her.

"So, anything new? Got any tea? If you do, please spill," Paulina rambled.

"Cool it for a sec, I'll tell you." I took a sip of my coffee while Paulina gave me one of her world famous smirks.

"You met a hot boy, didn't you? I bet you did. When is your first date? Have y'all kissed yet? HAVE YOU DONE IT-"

"What? No boy, where did you-? I'm not even gonna ask." She looked kind of disappointed, but what I told her next made her eyes light up. "Tre and my brother actually invited me to join their band."

For a few minutes, she said nothing and just let her mouth hang open. :YOU'RE GONNA BE A PART OF GREEN DAY??? THE GREEN DAY?" She just started freaking out and I was afraid she'd bring attention to us. Next thing I knew, Jack was over here as well with wide eyes. "GREEN DAY?" he shouted.

"Yes, that's what I said. You guys are loud-"

"Austin! You don't understand! Your brother's band is pretty big already and you cold help them get bigger! Plus, Billie is hot, you better kiss him for me."

"Well, I haven't even met him, he may be Mike's best friend, but I've never even seen him. I only know the songs, the bassist, and the drummer. I feel like the lead singer of any band is overrated."

"But you haven't met him, so you never know. He could be a really nice guy," Jack said. I forgot he was there. This kid comes out of nowhere sometimes.

"We'll see about that, I don't open up to people very easily. We'll just have to wait and see."

Sorry this is kind of a boring start, we haven't even met Billie yet. I promise he'll be in the next chapter. Don't forget to comment, I like reading your input :) -FlaminTiger