eight × now

[unedited]

previously:

calum decides to make a fake Instagram account under the name Daniel. he posts a single picture with his real phone number on it. Amelia sees this post and the phone number and decides to text it, also under a fake name. she says "hi" before running off to class where she doesn't have the best time. Meanwhile, Michael is in his music class when luke hemmings, the school's biggest bully, beats him up.

*disney channel voice* and now, back to the show

++++++++

26th October 2014

the white, cotton sheets below calum and the large, fluffy duvet cuddling him tell him to stay in bed forever. however, the light leaking through cracks around his curtains and the soft murmur of people talking over breakfast say otherwise. giving into the fact that he had to actually live today - he grabs his phone of his nightstand and unplugs it from the white charger, turning the brightness up.

he checks his notifications, his usual morning routine, to see the usual twitter, instagram and Facebook likes, comments and follows. he clears these, taking a few moments to scroll through his instagram feed before clicking the home button and seeing an odd 1 next to his messages app. he deduces that it's probably his mom or one of his friends texting him but as he opens it, he realises that he was wrong.

instead it was a text that simply read 'hi' from an unknown number.

this confused calum thoroughly. he wasn't used to unknown numbers texting him such rudimentary things - he was used to more outgoing requests or questions. he wasn't really the conversational type over text, neither was he in real life either, so to say that calum had no idea how to respond would be close to an understatement.

he swung his legs over the side of his bed in order to sit up, as if it would allow his brain to work faster and more effectively. after typing and deleting various words, he finally came up with four and a question mark that he ended up sending:

me: uh who is this?

content with his reply, he placed his phone back onto the marble circular table, itching for a response to his question. after waiting for a few seconds, calum gives up and walks over to his ensuite bathroom to wash his sleepy, and now confused, face. he looks into the massive mirror, admiring his sculpted face and toned body, smiling he rinses his face with cool water before drying it with a clean, fluffy towel.

clad in only sweats and now a beanie, calum saunters downstairs, the text still meandering in his mind. he is greeted by his father and mother already sat down, nibbling on omelette, potatoes and bacon. "Sweet", calum says, forgetting to bid his parents a good morning in return, simply fixated on the delicious meal he was excited to consume.

after finishing his breakfast, calum treks back to his large bedroom and grabs his phone, wondering if the mystery number had replied and revealed themselves. the little colourful light flashes at the top of his phone, meaning that yes, they had indeed. little butterflies fly around in his stomach as his palm sweats a little as he unlocks his phone as quickly as his fingers will allow, puzzled as to why he was so excited to see the message anyway.

unknown: uh you put your number on your instagram dude ???

unknown: daniel right?

unknown: my name's macy

a sudden wave of remembrance washes over calum along as he remembers that he had made a fake instagram account the night before. he smiles slightly, also realising why he did in fact make a fake instagram account using a fake profile, he was lonely. and he was, and that's exactly why he spent the whole sunday talking to this mystery macy girl.