Chapter 8

How can anyone judge my feelings for you when they can't understand my feelings for you?

****

"Now cut with your nonsense and recover soon. It would be a waste if you could not watch the play with me after all. Take your medicines on time and concentrate on your health, okay? Otherwise, if you're not going I'm also not going to the play" Haar patted on Yoren's hair involuntarily as Yoren nodded obediently.

If only this guy is this obedient all the time how good it is, he just never listens to me Haar thought.

After Haar left, Ake came with medicine and some food.

"Let me heat up the porridge for you" Ake put the porridge in the microwave.

"I met him on my way out," said Ake. "He said to take care of you and that he is busy and couldn't take care of you himself. He looked quite worried"

Yoren left a small smile mixed with a hint of a sigh. "He is always worried for nothing"

"You should be much more careful Yoren, I know that you have many action sequences in the series. If something happens it would all be over for you. Is he really worth risking it all?" Ake sounded a little irritated.

"He's worth beyond anything and everything to me" declared Yoren.

"Then why are you lying to him?" said Ake.

"Well I never lied to him I just didn't tell him the truth, and he doesn't need to know the truth" Yoren looked into the space aimlessly for a while.

Why are you here so early? Isn't it the time for your off ice training? Coach will be angry if he notices you're not there" Yoren asked worriedly after sometime.

"Well as if he ever had time to notice me before" Ake sneered.

Yoren knows what Ake saying is true to some extent. Ever since Yoren started coaching with Ake's father he only saw him caring about his players. He tried to turn Ake as his ace but unfortunately Ake didn't meet his standards and was ignored most of the time. Even some of the other players in the academy openly made fun of Ake on some occasions to which Ake responded not so kindly and that landed him in trouble with his father in turn.

"If it makes you feel any better, I am the one coach probably hates the most now" Yoren tried to offer some consolation.

"But it's upto you to become his favourite again, if only you.." Ake wanted to vent further but he noticed the sickly complexion of Yoren and contained himself.

"Leave it, Ren, here is some medicine and food for you. You need to take this pill before eating, and these two after eating.

In the upcoming days, Haar constantly called and checked on Yoren if he is alright as he was busy with his filming schedule as the production team ran into some budget issues and wanted to hurry up the shooting.

By that time Yoren recovered well, Haar finished most of his parts with other actors only parts with Yoren were left. Yoren is yet to finish a few more sequences with Tiera before he could work with Haar.

Cut cut cut, the annoyance on the director's face is clear as day.

Yoren did well till now with all the action sequences but as now it comes to the expressions and emotions he just couldn't. Especially with Tiera who reciprocates the least, Yoren is finding it so hard to emote himself. The director was so frustrated that he put a stop to the filming for the day.

Sounds of the cooker whistle surrounded the otherwise calm space. Yoren looked quite down.

"Let's eat first, I want to take you somewhere" Haar proposed.

In a while, Haar took Yoren to the place he belonged to for a long time.

It was the ice skating arena. "Go, it's your turn" Haar whispered gently into Yoren's ears.

The white snow embraced the cold gaze of the ice king. Every move and turn only revealed his command over this slippery beast. A masterful melody in the background only added momentum to the mood.

Amidst the thin layer of sweat, a sweet smile spreaded across the silent lips. An elegant double axel landed. Yoren is one of the few athletes who participated in both figure skating and speed skating disciplines at the academy. A double axel is nothing in front of a progeny in making.

Haar's jaw dropped at a feat, he is impressed beyond his wits. Wait, I read he had some kind of injury, can he still do this kind of stunt? Isn't it too much? Again what do I know about ice skating? Maybe it's just basics

For a while Yoren owned the ice as his emotions flew all over the place like a river.

"How do you feel now?" Haar curiously inquired.

"I feel happy. I feel like I can express myself freely without any barriers" Yoren gulped some water.

"Exactly! This is what Wells wants, when he says ready, go, you are not Yoren anymore you are Lovel on ice. Try this tomorrow", Haar patted Yoren.

****