7 - Kail's Reason

Amelie's pov
___________________

I gulped.

"Where the fuck have you been?!" he snarled at me animalistically making me flinch.

"she went to meet her father because you brought her here when she was going to meet him after a week. That man was worried sick about his daughter when she didn't visit him yesterday." Callie came out of the car.

"she lives with her father. Why does she need to see him?" Kail glared at her.

"she is adopted by werewolves. They aren't her biological parents. What do you think she will feel when she was taken here on her father's birthday?" Callie looked at Kail.

I knew where this is going. My heart clenched.

I know that I don't have my family members with me. I know it. It's mama's fault.

"She was going to meet him when Ryker's son and those kids stopped her. And then you brought her here. She couldn't meet her father. Ammy doesn't have any of her family members other than him! Unlike us." Callie's eyes softened. As did Kail's.

Kail looked at me. "alright. I'm letting this slide. I hope that's a one time thing. I don't trust you to not run away." he gave me a look.

"and I don't care. You can't control my life." I said to him.

"I will. You belong to me."

"I don't belong to you. You chose a mate for yourself. So technically I'm not yours." I said bitterly.

His eyes showed an emotion, but before I can determine what it is, it was gone.

His face turned to an unhappy frown. "I can choose whoever I want as a mate. You aren't a luna material. You are human. I can't have a human mate. Vicky however is. She has alpha blood in her. You don't understand because you are human."

"Kail Jayx Mitchell! We need to talk!"

a woman with blonde hair and vibrant green eyes came out of the house along with a pale man with black hair and silver eyes. Another man followed them out of house.

Kail turned around, his eyes widened. However, Callie smirked. She walked towards Kail, "I hope you get a piece of their mind."

She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the house.

...................................

Kail's pov
__________________

It hurt. It hurt me so much when she said that.

Her words echoed in my mind as I sat down in uncle Duncan's office.

I don't belong to you. You chose a mate for yourself. So technically I'm not yours.

I don't belong to you. Not now. Not ever!

I'm not yours! I'm not an object!

I don't belong to you!