A Display Of Growing Up

Adrien was shocked to hear those words come out of his friend's mouth. Never once did he believe that Marinette would find space in her heart to forgive Felix, let alone fall in love with him. A part of the model was angry with the outcome, but deep inside, Ladybug's words resonated within him. He wasn't to interfere with their relationship in any way. On top of this, he knew he had no right. Adrien should be and truly was happy that Marinette had moved on. The only thing that confused him was how she had never confirmed if he returned her feelings. Well, it wouldn't matter now. He and Ladybug would be the only two to know that he could never return those feelings. He looked at the two of them and placed a small smile on his face. All anger of the past melting away as he wished for a romance this exciting. 

Alya couldn't quite grasp her head around her best friend's proclamation but forced a smile regardless. How could you go from hating someone to loving them on the same day? She remembered the early morning when they had all arrived and greeted each other. She remembered Marinette's outbursts and refusal to accept Felix in their dorm. She remembered the mysterious visit from Cat Noir and the class that had ended with three of them staying behind. Alya chuckled quietly to herself, unnoticed by the rest of the group, and replaced the awkward grin with a full-hearted smile. To grow up, to become wise, and hormones. She could learn to live with Marinette and Felix. Glancing over her shoulder, Alya noticed Nino still trying to process what had just happened. His brain must be fried, she laughed to herself. 

Nino sat there with a blank mind. He could barely understand Alya's mood swings, but Marinette was on a whole other level. I'll never understand women. He quickly shook his head of the times when he liked the ravenette in front of them and relaxed when he realized that he had the best girl around. He rested his heavy head on her shoulder and sighed. Felix, he mentally prayed, god help you.

Marinette and Felix bickered until the sun had completely gone down. They filled the otherwise silent room with lame jokes and attempts at flirtation. Nothing would pull them apart. Not even the fact that everyone had walked out of the room, leaving them completely alone. Into the night, they caught up and got to know each other even more. Each deeply in love with the other, there was no such thing as an outside world. With the occasional cheesy comment, they lost themselves completely. 

Perhaps there is no official way to tell once you've grown up. Sure, your brain will one day reach full maturity or you'll get a job and marry. Maybe you've reached full maturity once you have children or are happy with your life. Or only once you've reached the ripe age of retirement or beyond is when you can say that you've grown out of childish habits. All in all, one may never know when they are fully grown, or whether they are simply... Growing Up.