A Display Of Getting Closer

Adrien couldn't believe how blind he had been in the past. She had probably taken so many things the wrong way. The umbrella was just meant to be seen as a symbol of friendship. The dance at Chole's party was to ease her nerves and make her comfortable. Chasing after her when she ran to the bathroom in the ice rink was just Adrien trying to be a good friend. He never wanted to continue leading her on like this.

"That's why you can't tell him I like him." Marinette crossed her arms. "I've known for a while he doesn't feel the same way about me, and I'm working on moving on... Like an adult." A single tear rolled down her pink cheek as she tried to smile. "I think someone sent me a video..." She dug through her camera roll and tried to laugh. "Nathaniel and Alix made this with some help... She dedicated it to me, and it seemed too real."

She played the song. Heather by Conan Gray played while drawings of Marinette and Adrien walked along the screen. Suddenly another short haired girl walked across. Kagami. Marinette hummed along to the part that said, how could I hate her, she's such an angel... but then again kind of wish she were dead as she walks by.

"It must've hurt knowing that your crush likes someone else... I know that all to well." Cat ruffled her hair and started to list his similar encounters. "Ladybug is someone I really admire." He blushed as  he continued. "She's turned me down time and time again, but... Unlike you, I just can't let go." He leaned on her. "I'm glad your my friend princess, a really great friend."

(Incase any of you were wondering what kind of story this is, although it may not seem like it, it is a felinette fanfic. Don't panic! ~Lali)

Now Marinette felt bad. She had treated Cat Noir just like how Adrien had treated her, and she felt like crap.

"Marinette! Alya! Nino" Felix called from the other room. "If you don't get your asses in the kitchen now, you can cook your own food!" Multiple clangs followed along with a short yelp.

"What about Adrien!" Alya called. "He hasn't come back yet! Marinette, he said he was going after you, did you see him?" Alya opened the door and asked Marinette the same question as before.

"No, I didn't. Only Cat Noir and-"

"Well forget him!" Felix interrupted her with a nervous face. He stared at her with a don't-you-dare look expression. "I'll just make enough food for the four of us."

Marinette laughed inside. She noticed the slight blush grow on Felix's face as he warned her not to tell anyone that he tried to cheer her up. Maybe he changed a little, but she still wanted to mess with him. "Like you know how to cook."

At this comment, Cat Noir laughed. His quiet laugh turned into wheezing and then into desperate gasps for breaths. Adrien knew that Felix was a terrible cook and hadn't cooked a day in his life. If he was trying to cook for them, it was most likely to make up for the fact that he ruined their plans.

"Why are you laughing you little shit face?" Felix got up in the hero's face and waved a spatula around. "You don't know who I am or my cooking so fuck off." He rolled his eyes and walked towards the kitchen.

Alya and Nino were giggling on the Alya's bed and whispering secrets. They knew that whatever was going on between the clumsy teen, the forever angry blonde potato and the leather clad cat-boy was not going to end well.

"Actually," Marinette smirked at Felix's back, "if Cat Noir is up to it, maybe he could stay and wait for you to finish cooking so that he could taste-test for the rest of us, just in case." She laughed at the thought of what face her friend would make after tasting the probably nasty food. This made Felix look back.

Nino joined the conversation. "I would like to see that... I'm just worried about where Adrien is."

"Yeah, did he like, get lost? I get that he grew up sheltered, but damn, I didn't think it was that bad." Alya rested her head in her hand as she looked at Cat Noir and Marinette who were sitting on the ground, leaning on Marinette's bed.

Adrien realized he had been hanging out with Marinette as Cat for too long, and his friends were starting to get suspicious of his whereabouts. "I'm good, thanks... I'll see myself out." He slowly crept towards the window with a hand on his neck in discomfort. "I've overstayed my welcome and LB's probably wondering where I am." He lied.

Marinette knew this right away and sighed. Letting him go was probably the best she could do to compensate for the fact that she had been bluntly friend zoning him for years now without a care for how he may feel. "Alright then... You heard Felix? Cat Noir, hero of Paris, will not eat your food because the thought of it is too frightening." She laughed. 

"Haha," Felix said with a stale tone and stomped back to the kitchen. "Later sucker." He quickly glanced at Cat Noir and scowled.

Soon after Cat Noir left, Adrien came through the front door panting. He claimed to have gotten cornered by some fangirls at a corner a few blocks away and couldn't manage to get away until he had given them all a autograph and listened to their life stories. Then, he said, he got lost while trying to get home because, apparently, in that part of the city the streets all look the same.

"Okay bro." Nino wrapped an arm around Adrien's neck and pulled him close. "We believe you."