eighteen

"can i ask you something?" avani questions breaking the silence in the car.

"yeah, of course" i softly smile at her.

"how did you forgive josh after what he did to both of you?" she asks clearly scared of saying the wrong thing.

"i wouldn't say i've forgiven him but i tolerate him. only because ness is in love with that man and i cant bare hurting her" i sigh.

the silence continues as my nerves grow and butterflies form in my stomach. i'm actually going to tell him i still love him. i feel the car stop and look over to avani who gives me a hopeful smile. here goes nothing.

i get out the car and begin walking up to his apartment, i can hear soft sobs coming from the other side of his door. i take a deep breath and knock twice. i watch the door handle jiggle until there he is, right infront of me, the man im in love with.

"c-charli?" he seems confused as he holds back tears.

"i- uhm i... i have to tell you something" i say with my voice shaking as tears also build up in my eyes.

he looks at me waiting to hear what's next.

"ok so i know this is long over due but here" i ramble causing a small smile to appear on his face.

"cole chase hudson... i- uh i-i'm in love with you" i say with a soft smile.

he doesn't move which fears me, did i say the wrong thing? is it too soon? does he no longer love me?. all my thoughts are cut off when i feel his lips on mine.

"i'm also in love with you, charli grace damelio"  he whispers before connecting our lips once again.

"avani is in the car waiting for me if you want to come over" i ask out of breath.

"let's go" he replies taking my hand and leading me outside.

i watch avanis smile grow when she sees us holding hands again. i open the car door and answer the question i know she wants the answer to.

"yes voni, were in love" i say with the biggest smile.

____

it's been around 6 years since i first told chase that i love him. we now live together in the most adorable cottage in the hills near california. we have a puppy and amber comes to stay every so often, she's practically my sister so i understand. the only people we actually see at this point is avani, anthony and dixie considering our house is many hours away from LA it's understandable.

dixie and griffin broke up a while back and now she's talking to some noah beck guy, i haven't met him yet but he seems nice enough. our parents house came into dixies possession and with a confirmation from me she sold it and gave me some of the money. that was enough for her to afford a nicer house on the coast of malibu.

avani and anthony are still together of course, they're still taking care of amber, she's thirteen now, meaning she's a lot more work than before. they have a gorgeous modern house in beverly hills, we try to go visit them atleast once a month. they actually got engaged recently, which didn't come as a shock to anybody. our christmas's are normally spent with them most likely at the cottage but we've had a few at their house.

nessa and josh surprisingly have a child together. her name is maya and she's the most perfect little girl you will ever see. nessa was weary when she first got pregnant so she stayed up here in the cottage for a while but now their daughter is three years old and has the best parents anyone could ask for. we don't see them as much but we still send christmas and birthday presents through the mail every year.

amelie dumped nick after the whole madison beer scenario, she's now dating blake i think his name is. he's friends with josh, noah, bryce and anthony but i've never met him either.  they've only been dating two years so the furthest they've gotten is moving in together but omg they have the most beautiful fairy like cottage i've ever seen. amelie sends pictures to me sometimes and we still text occasionally but i don't think we're ever going to be as close as we used to be.

addison and bryce are still somehow still together, addison has her own family reality show now after being in one of the kuwtk episodes the producers reached out to her. i actually watch it every saturday at 6pm, chase gets annoyed but it's my way of keeping in touch with them. considering i haven't seen either of them in just over a year, after they decided to continue doing social media we had to keep a little distance from the toxic atmosphere it has.

mads and jaden are neighbours with addison and bryce in beverly hills. they are also still pursuing social media also with a child, he just turned five a few days ago, i shipped them a present and card from both me and chase even if we've never met him we are still considered his aunt and uncle. the last time we saw each other was over four years ago but somehow we still keep in contact even if its only replying to each others instagram stories.

theres only one thing in this world that i'm sure of,

                                        i know what we are.

THE END

i hope you enjoyed the story.