Chapter 4: "Things Fall Apart"

(Y/n) woke up the next day to see that the other girls were already up and about. She let out a yawn, and sat up in her bunk, stretching out her arms. She looked around the room to see that Brooklynn was still in the room, rummaging through some stuff. "Hey Brooklynn. What'cha looking for?" She asked the pink haired girl.
      "My phone! I went to get it from it's charging spot, but it's gone!" Brooklynn responded, still searching for the missing object. "Relax, B. I'll just grab my phone and call it." She said, hopping out of bed, before reaching under the bottom bunk for her phone. Her face, fell to that of confusion. "What? What is it?" Brooklynn asked her friend. "My phone... it's missing too!" She replied, standing up. "You don't think...." She trailed off.
      "That one of them took our phones? Yes I do. And, I think I know who did." Brooklynn said, crossing her arms. "Remember that video I showed you?" She asked, reminding (Y/n) of the video she was editing last night. "You mean the one of Sammy taking samples?"  (Y/n) clarified. Brooklyn nodded. "She's hiding something. And she took out phones to cover her tracks. Come on, lets go get our phones back." Brooklynn replied, walking to the main cabin, (Y/n) not far behind her. They opened the doors to the main cabin, their arms crossed as they glared at the teens in the room.
      "Brooklynn. (Y/n). What's new on the internet you too?" Yasmina asked, not noticing the nervous look Sammy gave the girls. "We wouldn't know. You see, when we went to go get our phones from their chargers, they weren't there!" (Y/n) said, clearly angry, as the two walked into the room. "Some one stole our phones." She concluded, the two's glares not letting up. "Guys, who hasn't had your phone?" Yasmina asked, sparking a bunch of excuses from the others.
"I needed to check the weather last night...."
"Dr. Sattler posted a new column on microfossils yesterday...."
"The weather this morning was too good to miss the selfie opp, but I haven't used it since then, I swear!"
      Brooklynn scoffed, and the two returned their glares to Sammy, who was looking even more nervous.
      "I... haven't seen it either." She said with a nervous tone, pushing some hair behind her ear.
      "Really?" Brooklynn said, suspicion evident in her tone. Not wanting the day to be ruined, Darius spoke up.
      "Hey, hey, it's okay! Since we're not kayaking till later, we'll have plenty of time to look for the phones." He offered. This made Brooklynn chuckle. "Oh, We think we know exactly where to look. We also think whoever took my phone might be trying to hide some of the things on it, and they took (Y/n)'s phone so we couldn't call and find mine." Brooklynn said, as she walked over to stand next to Sammy. (Y/n) stood behind Brooklynn, while Kenji moved to stand next to her. "What do you think, Sammy?" Brooklynn asked the girl, glaring at her even harder. "Um, what?" Sammy asked, seemingly confused. This upset Yasmina, and made her stand up from her spot on the sofa.
      "What is your deal? Sammy said she didn't touch them!" She said, getting in Brooklynn's face. "Ever think you might have just lost the stupid things?" She continued, making (Y/n) come between the girls. "Hey! Back off. Brooklynn knows what she's talking about. If she says Sammy took them, Sammy took them." She said, shoving Yasmina away slightly. "Well then. Let's check her bags and test that theory out." Brooklynn suggested.
      "You don't get to go through anyone's stuff. I don't care how famous you think you are!" Yasmina yelled. "Brooklynn, (Y/n), I did not-" "Brooklynn, guys, come on!" Darius spoke up, trying to break up the fight. "We can't be this upset over phones. Let's make the most of this incredible opportunity! This is Jurassic World! It's.. it's...." A roared was heard in the distance, making the group look around in shock. "What was that?" (Y/n) asked. "Um, a T. rex?" Kenji suggested, making Darius shake his head. "Mm-mm. I don't think so." He said, looking out side.
      "Then what sort of dinosaur did it sound like?" Ben asked, hiding behind the sofa, while the others went to the balcony. "Friend-ish, or Foe-ish?" Sammy gave Brooklynn and (Y/n) a nervous look as she listened for another sound. The girls glared at her again, walking to the edge of the balcony. "Where's it coming from?" She asked. "Can't see anything from here. The trees are blocking everything." Yasmina answered. "Maybe they're moving a new dino from the lab to another enclosure." Darius suggested "We could probably see it from the observation tower! Could be cool." He continued. Sammy gasped. "Wow, that's a great idea, Darius! What are we waiting for?" She asked, kinda rushed, while pulling Darius to the elevator. "Hey! We're not done talking about this yet!" Brooklynn yelled, running after them. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and followed too, Kenji on her tail.
      "But guys, it's Indoor Arts and Craft Day!" Ben said, pulling his knees to his chest. "We should stay and wait for Dave and Roxie, right, Kenji?" Ben asked, turning to Kenji as the boy passed him. "If you wanna stay here and draw you and your dino-crush, go for it." Kenji said, facing Ben. (Y/n) walked over to him and pulled him by the arm. I'm gonna go see me a T. rex or a girl fight, and maybe score a gf. Either way, I win. Ka-ching!" He said, as (Y/n) pulled him to the elevator.  The comment made her smile and roll her eyes, with the last bit making a small blush form on her cheeks. Long story short, Ben ended up going with them. He was too scared to stay by himself in a big empty cabin.
      As the group walked to the lookout tower, Kenji grabbed (Y/n)'s hand and caused them to fall a little bit behind the group. "What do you want Kenji?" (Y/n) asked, looking ahead of them. "Nothing really. I just wanted to talk." He said. "Okay, about what?" (Y/n) replied. "About last night. I wanted to apologize. incase I over stepped any boundaries. I should have asked before I... you know... kissed you." Kenji said, blushing as he nervously rubbed his neck. This shocked (Y/n), before she gave him a soft smile. While Kenji looked at the floor nervously, (Y/n) reached up and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "It's okay, Kenji. I didn't mind. In fact, I kinda... liked it." She said, her smile even softer. Kenji stared at her in shock, before returning her smile. "You know, I was wondering... if... after camp is over, you and I could... I don't know...." Kenji stuttered, but (Y/n)  understood what he was trying to say. "Sure Kenji. We can go on a date." She said, holding Kenji's hand. The two smiled at each other, before turning to see that Brooklynn had picked the lock to the closed watch tower.
      "Last to the top is a rotten egg!" Sammy yelled, as the group ran up the stairs to the top of the tower. However, when they all got up there, everyone but (Y/n) was winded. "Is anybody else hot? Phew. It is hot!" Sammy panted, leaning on the rail, fanning herself with her hand.
      "No! More! Stairs!" Kenji groaned, climbing up the last few stairs, before falling on his stomach. (Y/n) chuckled as she ran up the stairs past him. "How... are you not... tired?" Darius asked through pants for air. "One of the training exercises my brother had me do was try to escape the Raptors in their own domain. I have both the stamina and speed of a raptor." (Y/n) answered, pulling Kenji up to his feet. "Either way... there better be... something good!" Kenji said, leaning on (Y/n) for support. Just then, a loud rumble was heard as the ground shook. The group all stayed very quiet, as they looked out into the forest. "There's something out there." Brooklynn whispered. "Something big." Darius added. The group continued to stare at the forest, until they saw a Brachiosaurus, making them sigh. "Ooo, mystery solved. Guess we should go back now." Ben said, standing up. "But that doesn't make any sense. Brachiosauruses don't roar like that. They're more like...." Darius explained, before imitating a Brachiosaurus sound. "Didn't quite catch that. Uh, one more time?" Kenji smirked, leaning on the rail. (Y/n) sighed. "Guys, Darius is right. That roar... I hate to say it but...." She looked to the side with a slightly scared expression. "What is it (N/n)?" Brooklynn asked, turning her attention to her friend. (Y/n) looked at the others and sighed. "That roar... it was a predator roar." She said, making everyone gasp. "Are you sure?" Sammy asked, fearfully. "I've spent my whole life around predators. I know a predator roar when I hear one." (Y/n) said. Suddenly, they heard some people yelling at them from the ground, causing them to look down. They then saw to park personnel on the ground glaring at them and yelling.
      "What are they saying?" Darius asked, causing Brooklynn to shrug. "Oh great! They look mad! I told you we'd get in trouble!" Ben said, leaning away from the railing. "You're gonna have to speak up!" Kenji yelled to them, but it was unheard.  (Y/n) looked at the Brachiosaurus and saw it suddenly roar and crash. She gasped in fear and put a hand on Kenji's arm, getting his attention. "What?" He asked, prompting her to point to where the Brachiosaurus was. They all saw the dino crash and let out screams of fear, backing away from the railing. Suddenly, a giant, white dinosaur showed up and killed the men yelling at the kids. This caused them to look away in fear, and scream. The dinosaur let out a roar as they kids looked at it again. "What. Is. That?" Yasmina asked in fear. "It got 'em! It got 'em!" Ben yelled, clinging to (Y/n)'s arm as he pointed down to the dinosaur. "(Y/n)! You know the predator dinos better than me. Do you have any idea what that is?!" Darius asked, facing (Y/n). "N-no! I-I've never seen, o-or read about that anywhere! I don't think it even existed prehistorically!" (Y/n) said, hugging Ben to try and calm him down. (Y/n)'s words sparked a memory in both Sammy's and Brooklynn's minds. Dr. Wu's lab!" Brooklynn gasped. "There was a dinosaur. In--" As she walked past Sammy she heard something. "Indominous Rex." Sammy whispered. "How do you know that name?" Brooklyn asked. "But there's no dinosaur named--" Sammy cut Darius off. "There's no time. We need to leave. Now, now, now. We have to go!" Sammy said, her expression holding nothing but fear.
      "Up here is safe. Down there isn't." Kenji said, backing away from the edge of the tower. "Besides, this high up, it's not like, whatever-rex can even see us." Kenji said, hiding behind (Y/n), clinging to her shoulders, as Ben clung to her waist. Right as Kenji said that, the Indominous Rex looked up and glared at the group, causing them to scream in fear. "It sees us!" Ben yelled, burring his face in (Y/n)'s waist. Indominous Rex let out a roar as she ran towards them and attacked the tower. The tower shook, causing most of the group to fall on the ground, but Sammy fell over. Yasmina grabbed the girl's arm. "Sammy!" She yelled, trying to pull her up and back into the tower. "Hold on!" Darius yelled as he and Kenji helped to pull Sammy back into the tower. Once she was back in the tower, Darius got an idea. "The zip line! Go, go, go!" He yelled, as everyone ran to the zip line. They turned on the ride, and (Y/n) strapped Ben into the first one. Seeing that Ben was too scared to go by himself, Kenji grabbed him and pushed him down the line. The next people to go were Sammy, Kenji, (Y/n), and then Brooklynn. They were doing okay, before the emergency brakes turned on and everyone stopped. "Why aren't we moving?! Ben! What did you do?!" Kenji yelled. "Nothing! It just stopped!" Ben yelled, shutting his eyes from fear.
      "It's the emergency brakes! All rides will stop suddenly if there is any danger or an issue with the ride!" (Y/n) explained, watching as the Indominous Rex continued to attack the tower. "Darius! What are you doing?" She heard Yasmina yelled, causing her to look behind her. She saw Darius run at Yasmina, who caught him. The two then came speeding towards them. The force from the two caused the line of kids to move again. "It's working!" Darius yelled as the others screamed. The Indominous Rex tore a support beam off of the tower, which caused it to begin to collapse. She roared as she turned her attention to the escaping kids. The collapsing tower loosened the wire, which caused the harnesses to snap off of the line. This made them all fall to the ground. (Y/n) screamed as she watched the ground get closer and closer. Then everything went black for her.
------------------------------------------------------
      "Come on! Come on!" A  slightly younger (Y/n) cheered as she ran a little ways ahead of her older brother, who laughed at her antics. "Easy. If I'm going to train you with these girls, you need to listen to me." He said. "I know, I know. I'm just so excited! I finally get to be apart of the pack!" She cheered, as the two approached the Raptor pen. When they arrived, the Raptors, still little, all lined up as Blue screeched at them to get their attention. "Alright (Y/n), so this the the pack. Now that's Delta, Charlie, and Echo." Owen introduced, each of the Raptors turning to face (Y/n). The girl smiled at all of them, before looking at Blue. "Who's this?" She asked as Blue nuzzled her leg. Owen smiled at the two. "That's Blue. She looks like she's taken a liking to you." He said, as Blue hopped onto (Y/n)'s lap and chattered at her. The girl giggled. "You'll make a great addition to the pack. As the Beta of the team." He said, making (Y/n) gasp in excitement.
      "The Beta? Really?! You think I have what it takes?" She asked. "Being a leader is all about having the respect of your team. If you don't have that, things fall apart. It looks to me like this team respects you. So (Y/n), you better get well acquainted with them, because these are your new sisters." Owen explained. (Y/n) laughed and hugged her brother as Blue jumped off of her lap. "Thanks bro! I Love you!" She said. "I love you too sis." Owen replied, returning (Y/n)'s hug.
------------------------------------------------------
      (Y/n) woke up to Kenji shaking her. When he notice her opened eyes, his worried face turned into a look of relief. "Thank goodness you're okay." He said, hugging her. The girl was shocked at first, before returning the hug. The two held onto each other tightly. Suddenly, a roar could be heard in the distance, making everyone look around. "Where the heck is that thing?!" Kenji asked, he and (Y/n) still holding onto each other. "Oh, it's coming!" Ben whimpered, scooting on the ground towards (Y/n), who bent down quickly and covered his mouth. "Shhh! She could be anywhere!" Yasmina said. "The observation tower was that way!" Brooklynn said, helping (Y/n) pull Ben up. "I thought it was that way. I can't remember!" (Y/n) said. Sammy looked at the two with a nervous and scared look. "Okay. I'm sorry, but I-" Sammy began to pull out both (Y/n)'s and Brooklynn's phones, but let out a gasp to see that both of them were broken.