PROLOGUE

she entered her sophomore year of high school with a bright smile hanging from ear to ear. she sat in her usual seat by the window and put in her headphones, blocking out the loud voices of her classmates.

he admired her from afar, still waiting the day for her to notice him. a soft sigh escaped his lips as he fixed his glasses and fiddled with the envelope in his hands. he gulped down a lump of his saliva anxiously and looked around to see if anyone could bring her the note.

he tapped someones shoulder, not knowing the face. "e-excuse me..." the boy stammered. the taller turned around and looked down at his small figure. he again, gulped and handed him the envelope. "c-could you g-give this to b-bae jieun in class 2? k-keep it anonymous..." he shuddered.

the taller male smiled and took the envelope from him. "i'll give it to her and keep it a mystery alright." he walked over to the girl who was listening to music and slipped the envelope under her sleeved arm. she flinched and looked up at him.

"what's this?" she asked. "from anonymous." he smirked and walked out of the classroom.

he made his way to the smaller boy and chuckled. "you're quite adorable, let's become friends." the boy smiled. the smaller looked up and grinned widely. "r-really?" "yeah. you seem like a nice dude." he insists.

"my first friend! i'm eric sohn. son youngjae in korean." he said. "i'm lee juyeon. nice to meet you, eric."

the girl looked at the envelope and opened it swiftly, taking out the piece of paper in it. she unfolded it and read it, word for word.

jieun,

it's been a year since i've started sending you these notes. crazy, right? you're still not curious about who i am? i hope this letter made it to you safely. i just have something to ask.

when will we finally meet in person? when will i have the guts for it? when can i call you mine..?

love, s.yj

hey girl, open your eyes.
the moment i took off my lips i had touched,
more clearly,
a brilliant day is about to begin..

"what does this mean?" she thought.

"close your eyes again if it's still a dream"

© 2021 strawberrykyuu