XIII

ERIC

i sat on the bleacher, watching sunwoo kick the ball into the opposite goal with a big smile on his face.

but then, i rolled my eyes and slung my backpack around my arm when i saw younghoon hyungs face.

sunwoo noticed after discussing things with his team, turning his head to the direction where i was looking, but all he did was purse his lips and stifle a laugh.

when i was about to leave, younghoon hyung grabbed my shoulder and halted me.

i shook off his hand and continued to walk like it was nothing.

"eric sohn!" he shouted.

"goodness christ.." i muttered, turning around. "what do you want hyung?!"

"calm down, i wanted to make things clear." he said.

"make things clear about what?! that you kissed the forehead of the girl i love right in front of my face, knowing that i have feelings for her?!" my eyebrows furrowed.

"is that it?" i asked.

"yes, now come with me," before i could say anything, he grabbed my wrist and sat me down onto one of the bleachers.

"what you saw is a friendship thing, i don't kiss her forehead because i have feelings for her, which i don't." he explained.

"doubt it-"

"shut up you brainless pokemon!"

i was taken aback and nearly bust out laughing.

"let me speak," younghoon breathed, "she was just apologizing and i was too, she caused a scene in class. but i won't get into detail, ask her yourself."

i widened my eyes and nodded.

"i should stop overreacting..."

"true that, now go apologize to the love of your life before i change my mind and actually take her away from you." he threatened.

in a rush, i ran into the school building and looked for jieun, or jacob.

once i saw jieun, she held the letter in her hand. i hid behind a wall and tried to calm my breath as well as my racing heart.

when she packed it away, i went up to her and scratched my neck.

jacob hyung smirked and excused himself, i knew what he was up to, damn it.

"did you wanna talk to jacob? if so i can just-"

"no.. it's you, i wanted to talk to you." i nervously shuddered. "i'm sorry for avoiding you and younghoon hyung.. i don't know what had gotten into me.."

"it's no big deal, 'ric... never do that again though, you had me worried for christs sake." she warned.

a chuckle left my lips, "i won't, ever again!"

________

we were back as a whole, sitting in the schools' basement as per usual. jieun sat on her phone, younghoon was blabbering nonsense, sangyeon hyung was remaining calm and yeah.

i was glad everything was back to normal, now i could continue my job as youngjae again.

although, i could've done that earlier. hm.

i took out my phone, multiple notifications from jieun popped up. i was upset. i left her hanging for so long.

but still, i shut off the phone and put it back in my pocket. jieun told chanhee to move and sat beside me.

"hey," she smiled.

"hi," i returned.

"it was kinda boring without you, y'know?" jieun frowned, putting her head on my shoulder and resting it there.

i raised my eyebrow, "was it?"

"mhm.. otherwise i wouldn't be telling you this right now." the girl sighed, leaning her forehead against my shoulder.

"it's been frustrating. i'm glad younghoon got everything fixed though."

i held back a laugh. "yeah, whatever."

"you good?" she asked, looking at me, "that reply was kind of.."

"kind of what? concerning?" i chuckled.

"consider it that way." jieun laughed. "missed talking to you though, don't ignore me anymore."

"i already told you, i won't."

"good."