IX

AUTHOR

"you better delete those!" eric was chasing juyeon around the park.

they left the library after studying, heading over to the park, that's why eric had been chasing around the latter.

"their friendship is different." jieun smiled as she sipped from her carton of strawberry milk.

"mhm," jacob hummed "yours and erics will be too~" he spoke in english and wiggled his brows.

"oh come on jacob!" the girl complained and hit his shoulder.

"i'm joking, i swear!!" jacob defended himself with his arms. that caused her to stop and let out a 'tch' sound.

"i've never seen this attitude." jacob frowned.

"and i hope you won't ever see it again either." she replied bluntly and watched as the two boys came back, drenching in sweat and panting heavily.

"looks like you two just ran a marathon." jieun giggled, reaching into her backpack for a cloth and telling eric to come closer.

he gulped harshly and did so. jieun supported his chin slightly so that he could face her and wiped the sweat off of his face and neck.

juyeon and jacob were taking pictures. but nonetheless, jieun was unbothered and smiled.

"are you thirsty?" she asked. eric gave a small nod.

"so cute~" jacob whispered to juyeon while recording the two of them.

the girl gave eric a small water bottle. he bowed his head and took the water bottle from her hands, opening it and drinking.

"you have everything in that backpack baeji, are you dora?" juyeon snickered.

"it's better to be prepared, who knows when something would happen." jieun answered smugly.

"pass me that cloth would you? i'm drenching in sweat thanks to the heat AND eric." he complained.

jieun threw the cloth at him and smiled. "do it yourself, i don't wipe sweat off of losers."

"wow, so you're telling me eric is cooler than me? rude." juyeon dramatically clutched his chest before wiping his face.

"it's getting pretty late. it's almost 11pm since we ended at 8pm. wanna head home?" jacob suggested, checking his wrist watch.

all of them nodded in agreement and stood up, walking their ways home.

once they stopped at several crossings, they bid goodbye to each other.

before eric and juyeon would leave, jieun hugged eric, catching him by surprise. he gulped harshly and felt his heartbeat increasing.

slowly, he hugged her back. she felt his warmth and felt comfortable in his embrace, wanting to stay in it forever.

but of course, they couldn't.

juyeon and jacob had snapped enough pictures of these two.

"alright lovebirds, it's really time to go now. you can be lovey-dovey some other day." juyeon seperated them and dragged eric — whose face was as red as a tomato — with him, waving goodbye.