Chapter 1 - The Girl

~ Delilah’s POV ~

 It was the sound that woke me up. Metal against metal, lifting me up slowly to … who knows where?

 I looked around, all I saw were a couple boxes. 

I screamed for help, over and over until my throat went hoarse. I managed to sit down against a wall.

 Where was I? How was I put here? 

 Now that I thought about it I couldn’t remember anything at all - only my name, Delilah. I mean, I could remember simple things like animals and colours but nothing about myself.

What was happening to me?

Sweat gathered on my forehead despite the cool air, there was nothing I could do, I screamed one last time before closing my eyes, exhaustion swallowed me. I couldn’t guess what happened next...

~ Newt’s POV ~

 “Hey, hey! Wake up, the new greenies coming today!” I turned around to see Minho's face staring at me. 

“Can you leave me alone for 10 bloody minutes!” I replied.

 Even though he was being his sassy self, I knew Minho was right; he watched me as I slid out of bed. 

“I’m excited to see the new greenie” he said.

“Great, well we might wanna get up there before Alby comes and shanks us up!” I remarked

“Yeah, I guess”

------

Me and Minho hurried to breakfast, I greeted the cook, Frypan, who gave me a bit of extra food. It was a plain breakfast - porridge and an apple. The creators supplied us with food, every week, wasn’t anything special but it was better than starving. 

Unexpectedly, the alarm for a new greenie went off. It was a piercing screech that made my headache.

I ran towards the box, it was positioned in the middle of the glade, one of my favourite places to be because it had the best view of the night sky. Minho made fun of me for it but it made me feel like someone else was out there, waiting for me to escape from this hellhole and be free.

The box came up in its usual position, I saw a dark figure inside.

Me and Gally opened the shutters and I jumped into the metal cage. There were the usual supplies scattered everywhere: food, weapons, clothes.

"Newt what do you see!?" Alby called.

“Bloody hell” I said “It’s a girl”...