Chapter 3 - The Lunch

~ Delilah’s POV ~

The glade was in some way beautiful, there was this one moment in a day where the sun hit the exact right position above the walls and it was the prettiest thing I could remember. And apparently there will be a bonfire in a couple days to welcome me to the glade, it sounds incredible.

“You zone out a lot don’t you” Newt asked

“What?” I replied, 

He was right, I zone out all the time

“I said that you zone out a lot” He laughed 

“Yeah, I guess”

“Is this too boring for you greenie?” Newt asked, sarcastically.

“No it’s that guy over there, he’s looking at me funny” 

“Oh. That’s Gally. He constantly holds a grudge against everyone, I’d be careful around him if I were you, let’s just say that karma is his motto, anything that you do to him, he will do back. Who cares about that shank anyway. Come on!” He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the eating area “You’ve got to meet my friend Minho, he’s hilarious!”

~ Newt’s POV ~

Lunch was the funnest thing I'd had in awhile, until Gally came along. Delilah told us more of her hilarious jokes, I think she’s the funniest person I’ve ever met. We were laughing so hard that water came out of her nose! That just made us laugh even more! 

“Your hilarious” I said to her

“Yeah I know I try very hard” She replied flicking her brown, wavy hair out of her face obviously being sarcastic, it just made me and Minho laugh even more.

“Hey, I like you greenie” Minho told her.

She just smiled gently and said ‘thanks’.

That was when I noticed Gally out of the corner of my eye, he looked at Delilah furiously, what had she done to him?

“Hey slinthead turn around” He cried out to Delilah. “Ahhh you freak. What’s wrong with your eyes. Are you from a different planet or somethin’? You're not even supposed to be here!”

That’s when I knew those words would stick with her forever.

“Shut up” I said to Gally

“Awww look at little Newt defending his poor little girlfriend” He retorted

I couldn’t believe what he was saying.

“Go away!” I called out to him

“Yeah Gally what’s your problem?” Minho backed me up.

This was getting out of hand!

I looked at Delilah. She muttered something under her breath and ran off into the woods. I felt so bad for her, everyone must’ve always said stuff about her eyes, probably because they were jealous. I needed to go comfort her. This must be so hard.

“Off she goes, the freak.” Gally cried laughing at her. Anger boiled in the pit of my stomach, I gritted my teeth. 

I’d had enough of this. Gally constantly picks on the new people in the Glade and there was something special about Delilah, I just knew it.

“I can’t take this anymore” and with that I’d had it with Gally. 

I plunged my fist right into his nose and punched as hard as I could.

I waited just long enough to see the discomfort on Gally’s face and Minho’s disbelief.

“I didn’t know you had that in you mate” Minho stuttered

“Neither did I.” I whispered before I ran off into the deadheads to search for Delilah. I needed to make sure she was ok...

Authors note:

We’re nearly at 60 views! I can’t believe it!

This is just a quick message to say I hope everyone has a great 2021 (I hope it's better than 2020) and enjoy your new years eve - even though we can’t have any parties.

I’m so thankful for everyone leaving comments and voting for my book!

We’re 368th on the maze runner tag!

Thanks so much to everyone that’s reading this - I know this chapter isn’t the best but I’m not very good at fight scenes and I needed to build Minho, Newt and Delilah’s relationship.

Also there may be some more Newt and Delilah action in the next chapter *wink* *wink*

Ly all! Goodbyeeeeee