The Last Game

"Yo, Kabe! I got your text and brought burgers!" I called out while entering the gym with the fast-food bags raised in my hands.

  "Oh, thank you, Candychin." Atsushi trotted over and began to dig into one of the bags for a burger and fry.

  "And who the Hell are you?" A tall, blue-haired male questioned while digging into the other bag I was holding.

  "Dai Satou. You must be Aomine." He paused with a couple of fries hanging out of his mouth as other players were coming up to me for the food. "I know about the Generation of Miracles." I chuckled.

  "Oh, it was so nice of you to bring us food." Kise grinned while grabbing his own burger and fry. "I hope it wasn't too much trouble."

  "Not at all. Kabe seemed excited to be playing this game with you all, so I wanted to help out."

  "Kabe? She calls you a wall?"

  "They. Candychin uses 'they'." Atsushi corrected with one cheek stuffed with partially chewed cheeseburger.

  "Yeah, I thought he was a wall the first time I ran into him. It fit, so it stuck."

  "Are you a classmate of Murasakibara's?" Another boy with blue hair popped up while nibbling on a french fry.

  "No, we go to different schools."

  "Oh? Then how do you know this big oaf?" There were a few chuckles as more of the fast food was passed out.

  "We're dating." Atsushi stated, and a few of the guys choked as dead silence fell. "What? Candychin's cute."

  "Call me 'cute' one more time, and I'll floor your ass."

  "So mean."

  "You're kidding right?" The taller redhead began to laugh.

  "No, Atsushi's my boyfriend."

  "Oh, you're the one that yelled when we played Yosen!" A brunette girl pointed, and I nodded.

  "That explains why Murasakibaracchi got so serious near the end of the game." Kise laughed while looking at the purple-haired giant.

  "I gotta ask though, is one week going to be enough time for you guys to get in sync for the game? None of you have played together since middle school."

  "It's just enough time." Akashi held a tone of confidence, and from what little I knew of him, it seemed he was honest.

✧☾✧

  I couldn't tell which one was taller out of the two facing off- Jabberwock's #8 or Atsushi. These players were absolutely massive.

  Atsushi got the ball at the tip-off and sent it Akashi's way. Akashi dribbled past one player before getting blocked by two more, then he passed to Aomine who made it to the hoop and dunked.

  Kise blocked the shot the dirty-blond Jabberwock tried to make, and Akashi got the ball to pass to Aomine again. The blue-haired boy was fast and speeding right past the other players. He got blocked but then started to dribble behind his back before tossing up the ball. With the player's attention on the ball, Aomine shot around him and managed to get another dunk in.

  The #4 Jabberwock got the ball and was facing off with Akashi. He tried to dribble faster and jerk in different ways, but Akashi stayed on him with ease. #4 had to pass, and #12 went to dunk the ball. However, Atsushi was right there on his turf and knocked the ball away.

  This game was only starting, and the crowd was already cheering and unable to take their eyes away from the court.

  By the end of the first quarter, it was 20-8 with Vorpal Swords in the lead. It looked like they were doing well, but Jabberwock was still right on their tails.