Cuddles and K.O.

"You really should go home."

  "I'm not contagious."

  "Still, you should be resting."

  "I am."

  "No, you're playing video games."

  "But....teddy bear."

  "Don't you start that." I made a face as Atsushi pressed his cheek to the top of my head. He was sitting crisscrossed on my floor and holding me in his lap while we were playing a video game. He had just shown up at my door earlier and picked me up to carry me back to my room.

  I'm not even sure how he made it out of the house still in his pajamas- I was pretty sure he had at least three older siblings.

  "You're spoiled, I hope you know that."

  "Mm."

  "Okay, look. After this round, you have to take a nap at least."

  "....Okay."

  "Good."

  "Cuddle?"

  "What?"

  "I want to cuddle."

  "While you sleep?"

  "Yeah."

  "....Fine, but you actually have to sleep."

  "Yay." He droned, and I rolled my eyes. Playing the game until the round was over, Atsushi took the controller from my hands and dropped it on the floor. Turning off the console and TV while I still could, the giant then dragged me to the bed to curl up like a giant cat around me. He tucked his legs under mine while resting his head on my chest.

  Truth be told, I actually really liked to cuddle, and Atsushi was just so warm and comfortable. Slowly running my fingers through his hair, I saw him close his eyes as he softly sighed. Closing my own eyes, I thought I might as well get a nap in, too.

✧☾✧

  Stretching my neck, I heard a few little pops. Twirling the pencil in my hand, I glared at the test on my desk. I was stuck on the last question and my brain was just blanking. Grumbling under my breath, I just picked one that seemed to fit best since it was a multi-choice question.

  The bell rang, and I hopped up to turn the test in. Suki was right next to me while looking drained from the day as we entered the hall.

  "Please tell me that test was actually hard, and it's not just me."

  "That test was actually hard." I replied while stretching out my arms. "Pretty sure some of those questions weren't in the review."

  "That wouldn't shock me." She brushed some of her hair behind her ear. "You going to the sweets shop again today?"

  "Shopping, actually. I need a better jacket since winter is coming. Wanna come with?"

  "Of course! I could use some gloves." Pushing open the door to go outside, a cold breeze blew dead leaves across the ground and through the air. A large one smacked into the side of my face, and I heavily sighed. Suki burst into laughter as I pulled it off and let the breeze carry it off....and smack into someone else's face.

  "I think that leaf is on a mission." I said as Suki was trying to smother her laughter.

✧☾✧

  "Oh, these are cute!" She held up her hands with rainbow gloves covering her fingers and palms. Suki wiggled her fingers before her eyes drifted to another pair. "Oh, these are cute, too!" The pair she picked up had little cupcakes on them.

  Browsing through the jackets in the size I wanted, I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for. I did know I at least wanted something that wasn't going to be itchy or too thin.

  "Candy!" Suki gasped, and my gaze went to the girl pulling something from a rack. "You have to get this." She held up a dark grey hoodie with a Totoro stomach pattern and the hood had Totoro's face and ears. "It's even fluffy on the inside, look." She opened the hood to show the short fuzz that looked like fur.

  "Oh, fuck yeah." I wandered over while squishing the fur and ears. "Holy shit, that's soft."

  "Right?!" Her eyes went wide before she grabbed another one. "There's even a Catbus one! Candy, we have to." She looked me in the eye, and I placed a hand on her shoulder while making a dramatic expression.

  "There's no other choice."

  "Lemme see if I can find gloves to match this." Suki then hopped off back to the gloves while I held the hoodies. My eyes drifted to a table of charms and keychains. My eyes narrowed when I saw a group of little bears. They were various colors with little clips to attach them to things.

  Picking up one of them, I decided to buy it as well. It fit in my hand easily and had short fur that was a rusty color. It was adorable with small, round button eyes.

  "Ooo, are you gonna give that to Murasakibara?" Suki popped up by my shoulder.

  "What gives you that idea?"

  "He keeps calling you his 'teddy bear'." I felt my cheeks go pink since she'd absolutely assumed correctly.

  "Fuckin' Hell." I muttered, and she laughed. "Oh, hush."

  "What? It's cute. I'm seeing what you mean about him being a big, lazy puppy. Though, he's still really scary."

  "He's only scary if you're a bag of chips."

  "Says you."

  "Oi."

✧☾✧

  With one hand shoved into my pocket, I held out the other one with the rusty bear while averting my gaze. I could see my breath in the cold air, and the longer the silence stretched out, the redder my cheeks got.

  "Candychin, is that for me?"

  "Yeah."

  "Thank you." His tone was lazy as he grabbed the side of my head to rub his cheek against mine.

  "Aw, come on!" I gave an irritated sigh while pushing his face away. Looking up at him, I only saw a little smile on his lips.

  "Cute." Atsushi latched onto me now. "Candychin, you're so cute." He was holding me much like a stuffed animal and rubbed his cheek against mine again.

  "Kabe! We're in public!"

  "The park's mostly empty, though." Atsushi huffed. "Why can't I give you affection?"

  "You can! Just stop with the cheek rubbing!"

  "Boo." He pouted before getting a defiant look in his eyes. His head dipped lower, and I felt his tongue and hot breath run up my neck. "Thanks for the bear, Candychin." Atsushi's voice was right by my ear while sounding almost like a growl. My face exploded, and the giant found amusement in it. "Oh? Did you like that, Candychin?"

  "No!" I quickly took a step back while covering my neck with my hands.

  "Then why is your face so red?"

  "Windburn!"

  "Mm-hmm." Atsushi tilted my chin up with his fingers while looking down at me. "You only have to tell me what you like, and I'll do it, Candychin."

  "I-I would like to finish our walk." I could swear steam was coming from my ears with how hot my face was.

  "Oh, boo." He whined, and the childish pouting was back. Why did I have to be so into when his voice dropped when he was trying to tease me? Why did I have to like how he slightly smirked while looking at my face turning red?

  Lastly....where the HELL did this side of him come from? I was still just so used to the lazy humming and the tired-sounding voice and barely anything else from the giant that every time he pulled that out, it was a K.O.