ch. 64

"turn the page maybe we'll find a brand new ending

"turn the page
maybe we'll find a brand new ending."

-lost stars

eunbi can't sleep.

she has no idea how long she has been awake, but she does know that a few hours have passed because the sound of everyone adjusting themselves into a comfortable position has stopped for a while now. hugging her body for warmth, her eyes focus on the ceiling of the room as hana's soft snores resonate in the peaceful silence.

why am i still bugged by what happened earlier?

she tightly presses her eyelids together as she embraces the warmth lingering on her skin. all eunbi wants at this moment is to get a good night's rest after all the fun she had with her friends, but her body does the opposite of what she wants.

she's definitely going to be grumpy in the morning.

with a heavy sigh, the brunette quietly slips out of her futon and grabs her blanket and her jacket before leaving the room. opening the screen door, she looks up to the sky and is greeted by the sparkling stars and the moon lighting up the darkness. she tip-toes to an empty spot on the lawn and plops herself onto the grass before wrapping the blanket around her body.

"it's beautiful tonight," she whispers under her breath, her gaze still glued to the sky. her eyes stare in awe at the beauty of the sea of dazzling lights above her as her nose takes in the fresh air of the outdoors. this is a relaxing experience for her, to have a moment just by herself.

being in the mood to sing, she opens her mouth to let her voice ring through the silence.

"looking for star,

looking for love,

you are my star."

a person comes to mind, and a smile pulls on her lips.

"i will always make you shine.

forever you're my heart."

gently, she moves her body side-to-side along with the beat of the song that she is singing.

"looking for star,

looking for love,

so that no sorrow can come here.

i will protect you forever.

forever you are my star."

closing her eyes, she appreciates the moment of silence again. it's lovely to be all alone, to be immersed in her own thoughts without anyone being around her. her voice brings her peace to her troubled mind, a sigh of relief leaving her lips.

"that was beautiful."

startled by the sudden voice, eunbi slightly flinches in her spot and turns around to see a familiar black-haired male standing behind her. with his shiba inu plushie in his arms, an awkward smile decorates his lips as he hesitantly points at an empty space that is a few inches away from her. "is it okay... for me to sit there? i couldn't sleep, so i decided to take some time watching the stars."