ch. 27

"the true light that came like destiny

came like destiny."

-light

"you never fail to amaze me, ms. park."

mrs. hwang leans back on her chair with her arms support her head, a satisfied smile pulling on her lips. her gaze never leaves the figure before as they bow to her as a sign of gratitude for the compliment.

"do you think i am ready for friday?" eunbi asks quietly.

"honey, you are more than ready." this earns a small grin from her student.

the woman stands up from her seat and gently pats the girl with a contented expression plastered on her face. "now then, remember that you have rehearsal tomorrow and you need to follow the plan we made."

understanding her reminders, she nods before collecting her belongings and bidding her vocal instructor goodbye. she steps out of the classroom, glancing to both sides of the hallway, before she begins her way to the outside.

it has been a few hours since school has ended, so she doesn't expect anyone to be around as she passes the classrooms. when she arrives at the practice rooms, the girl is taken back at the sudden sound of cluttered notes from a piano. one of the doors fling open and a body is pushed out of the room, followed by three standing figures.

immediately, the vocalist rushes to the fallen person's aid and recognizes them as one of her classmates: jeon hana.

"hana-ssi, are you okay?" she asks as she checks her exposed arms and her delicate face for any injuries. "are you hurt anywhere?"

"i'm okay," she says with a painful smile. "it was just a push, that's all."

"i cannot believe that a flunkie from class f think they have the audacity to take priority over a practice room."

the pinkish blonde scoffs at the name she was bestowed and looks over her classmate's shoulder to see three male students towering over them, all of them wearing red. laughing at the sight of the two female students sprawled on the floor, one of them kneels to their level with a smirk.

"oh look, another flunkie." he taunts, receiving more laughter from his friends. "how does it feel being where you guys belong?"

"leave her alone." the injured girl tries to move her assistance away from her, not wanting to involve her in this affair. "she has nothing to do with this."

but being the one who can't hold her tongue, the brunette pretends to take a moment to ponder about her experience so far. "you know, it's actually pretty great. at least it's not getting into my head like some assholes from class a."

and she flashes him an innocent smile.

feeling the collar of her grey shirt being yanked on, eunbi's face becomes a few inches away from the stranger. she can practically feel the heat of his anger touching her skin, a reaction that she expected.