(Master Black Glasses Extra Story) Wu Xie's Island Adventure: Chapter 4

"Bamboo pole? What bamboo pole?" I was upset at being exposed, but then I decided to lie anyways. I expected this girl wouldn't dare do anything to me.

"Your body size makes it really difficult to hide the bamboo pole." The girl looked at me and felt amused. "Give it back to me. I'll need it for after I return to the factory."

I shook my head firmly. Black Glasses once said that dignity wasn't important when it came to matters of life and death.

Although possessing the bamboo pole may be an act of cheating, I had resisted the temptation to leave the island by boat, so I figured this wasn't a big deal. God would forgive me.

The girl was a little angry, so I retreated back to my mound and said, "Girl, it's better to accept reality. It's getting dark, go back and have dinner."

The girl rolled her eyes, pushed the boat into the lake, and then jumped on. She sneered at me before steering the boat away.

Her expression didn't show any resignation, and I couldn't help but think that she was up to no good. But it didn't matter. I at least got what I wanted for now.

I watched the boat get further away and then immediately went to the water where I could see my shoelaces floating on the surface. I hooked them with the bamboo pole and lifted them up.

Since a long time had passed, I was afraid the crabs might have run away even if they had been caught before. After pulling it up, however, I found that I was thinking too much. I didn't catch anything at all.

The bait was still on the grass balls, meaning there probably weren't any crabs here.

I was hungry and uncomfortable, so I tried a few more places but still didn't catch anything. The sky was completely dark by this point, so I went back to the stove in despair. I put my wet clothes over the stove to dry, and then added hay to the fire.

I used to starve for a long time, so this wasn't a big problem. If the pain couldn't be resolved, then it wasn't pain. I knew that if I slept well tonight, I would feel much better tomorrow morning.

After my clothes had dried, I lay beside the stove, curled up into a ball, and instantly fell asleep out of exhaustion.

I slept right through to the next morning. When I was half awake, I felt as if Black Glasses kept whispering in my ear, "You must get food today. You must get food today."

The dazzling sun shining on my eyelids was what woke me up. I didn't feel sore all over because of some of the previous training I had done, but my feet were still cold with frostbite.

The fire in the stove had long gone out. I wanted to light it again to keep warm, but as soon as I turned around, I saw a crocodile lying beside me.

It was lying side by side with me, looking at me lovingly.

I immediately jumped up in shock, ran six or seven meters away from it, and then fell to the ground.

Upon closer inspection, I found that it wasn't a real crocodile, but a common taxidermy one.

I turned and looked around. When I saw that the bamboo pole was gone, I realized what was going on. There was no one around. The little girl had secretly put this thing beside me when I was asleep in order to mess with me.

Bitch. If it weren't for the fact that I have to pass this test, I would go and make you suffer.

I forcefully tried to pull the specimen apart, wanting to burn it as fuel, but it was unexpectedly strong. I couldn't tear it apart at all. Just as I was getting angry, a bird suddenly landed on the mound.