(Extra Story: 2014 Chinese New Year Special) Chapter 3: Fantasy

I felt two sensations as soon as I slipped into the water. First, I found that I had a lot of things on me, which I kept close. As soon as I entered the water, they all came alive and started leaving my body.

There were a lot of snakes of varying sizes and colors that emerged from the water around me and began swimming, but the current was too fast, and they weren't strong enough, so they all ended up landing on me.

"When the time comes, use the ghost whistle to make contact." Smoker ordered. The three of us loosened our hands at the same time and dove into the water, headed downriver.

All the snakes on my body immediately loosened and began swimming downstream with me. They were amazingly obedient.

The current was very fast, and we were immediately swept toward the black tiger pass in front of the village. The water in this section of the river was almost black, which would make it easy for us to sneak in if we stayed below the surface. But Phoenix—who was in front of us— didn't bring a shuikao, and she was swimming in very deep spots. The water here was muddy and hard to see through, so only her white, practically naked thighs were clear.

As Poker-Face followed closely, I realized that Phoenix was an excellent swimmer, and I would have to follow her through the black tiger pass; otherwise, it would be easy to hit those rocks with such a fast current.

As we continued moving underwater, all kinds of grotesque, sharp-edged black tiger stone carvings were scattered beneath the water's surface. Some had been dulled by the current, while others had apparently been sunk to the bottom more recently and were still sharp. They looked very dangerous, and if we lost control in the swift current, we'd surely be cut directly.

We passed the black tiger pass in an instant, and the water became deeper. As I looked at both sides of the valley underwater, I could vaguely see some multi-storied buildings. The water level here had obviously not been that high before and must have risen over the years, because many of the stone steps and buildings were submerged.

It was a really amazing view. The stone steps and paths extended down towards the bottom of the river, and it felt like you could walk into the deepest part of the valley.

I couldn't hold my breath anymore and watched Phoenix flip over and get close to the water's surface to take a breath of air as quickly as possible before diving again. Poker-face and I copied her, but I didn't get enough air and had to repeat it four times before I was satisfied.

The current gradually slowed down up ahead and the river began to narrow. I could see that Phoenix had gradually slowed down in front of me and was leaning towards one side of the valley, where several creases in the rock had formed in a place where the nearby cliff met the water's surface. Phoenix went over there, grabbed the creases in the rock, and then surfaced. She leaned against them as Poker-Face and I also floated up, and then three of us huddled together as we caught our breath.

"Keep your snakes away and stay away from me." Phoenix said to me, sounding somewhat fearful.

She was almost naked, and flushed from the physical exhaustion, but I answered coldly, "They're not interested in you."

With that said, I turned to take a look at the surrounding mountains and terrain.

The wharf on one side was five hundred meters away from us. Poker-Face had already caught his breath and started to climb up out of the water and along the cliff.

There was a row of about six buildings on stilts above us, and we could see that the area below the buildings was six or seven meters away from us. The cliff was covered in vines, which would make it difficult to climb up.