laundry

(Y/n) hummed, placing three scoops of laundry detergent on the washer.

She picked up the basket full of dirty laundry and shot them onto the washer, setting the timer on her phone to 15 minutes.

While pre-soaking, she took out the first batch of laundry from the dryer.

Namjoon told her to get a house help to do it, but (Y/n) found joy in doing the laundry. She just really love the smell of fresh laundry, especially with the scent of her favorite detergent.

"Babe?" 

"Laundry area!" she replied.

She heard some shuffling then Namjoon's bright smiled greeted her.

"Good evening," he greeted, kissing her on the forehead.

"Good evening."

"What can I help you with?"

"Hmm..." (Y/n) thought for a second, looking at the laundry. "How about you sing me a song?"

"I can do that while helping you with the laundry."

"Alright, then help me fold these," she pointed at the laundry in front of her. Namjoon eagerly nodded and started folding the laundry.

"They're all white."

"Yup, that's the first batch. The colored laundry is soaking."

"Why do you have to separate them?"

"To avoid bleeding, where the white turns into a different color." (Y/n) explained.

"What song shall I sing then?" Namjoon asked while folding a shirt.

"Any song that comes to mind?"

"Hmm..." Namjoon fell silent. (Y/n) looked at him and found her husband staring at her brassiere. She watched him stare at it for a few seconds.

Instead of getting embarrassed (Y/n) laughed. Namjoon looked at her, his cheeks getting darker, a shade darker as the seconds pass by.

"This is how you fold them," she showed him how to fold the brassiere while Namjoon eagerly learned.

"You call this folding?" he asked. 

"Yeah,"

"You just tucked the straps. That's not folding."

"What should you call it then?" (Y/n) raised her eyebrow.

"Touche," Namjoon replied, staring at her. (Y/n) stared back, challenging him into a staring contest. Then they both burst laughing.