chapter 19

Gideon

"Join me." Ada was looking at him with soft blue eyes.

"Do you want to punish me for how I acted earlier?" Gideon smirked. "I'm down for a little spanking."

"Not right now." Ada said apologeticaly and rubbed her temple. "My mind's not being kind tonight."

Gideon smiled at her. "It's Ok sweetheart."

"I still want you here with me." She winked and opened her knees.

"You have me. Always." Gideon kicked off his shoes. He wouldn't give up the chance to be close to Ada. She had been too far away for too long.

On her bad days she barely let him hold her, kiss her, or give her any sort of comfort.
Sometimes Gideon could only touch her when he tried to pry the blade out of her cold, numb fingers.

It shattered his heart to see the woman he loved suffering everyday, and know there was nothing he could do to help her.

Gideon held Ada's gaze as he slowly striped out of his clothe, making sure to give her a good show. She never broke eye contact. It was hard not to get turned on.

Gideon stepped into the warm water. Ada grabbed his hand, and pulled him down. He sat between her open legs, back pressed against her breasts and let out a content sigh.

Ada's arms came around him, securing him against her. "I've missed you baby."

Gideon closed his eyes, and smiled. This was where he belonged. "I've missed you too sweetheart."

Ada kissed his neck, sending delicious shivers through his veins. "I would never cheat on you Gideon. I don't want you to forget that. We bring other people in our bed somtimes but it's always been consensual. I will never go behind your back."

"I know. I enjoy that too. Like I told you before. Tonight was not about that. I was just being stupid. I didn't mean what I said to James. I really am sorry."

"It's Ok." Ada caressed his stomach tenderly. 

"What did you and James talk about?"

Ada rested her chin on gideon's shoulder and told him.

"I wish Maggie was still here."

"Me too." Ada kissed his shoulder.

"She would be better than me."

"Love is not a competition."
Ada tightened her hold around his torso. "The fact that I loved her doesn't mean I don't love you too. I'm  capable of loving two people, you know that."

"That's not what I meant. I think she could handle this situation better than me. She would know exactly what to do..."

"Baby..."

"I'm useless Ada and you know that. I can't stop you from cutting. You're destroying yourself, and there is nothing I can do..."

"You are always there for me, even when it's not easy, even when you find me cutting, or drunk out of my mind. You put up with all of my shit even though you don't have to.

You are my anchor to sanity. There is nothing Maggie could have done that you aren't already doing. That is the truth, so don't you forget it Gideon Turner. Do you hear me?"