Honne

(Japanese, n.) - what a person truly believes; the behavior and opinions which are often kept hidden and only displayed with one's closest confidants

‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗

After watching Technoblade disappear from the woods, Dream mounts Spirit with a sigh. They can do this. He can do this. He snaps the reins, and the horse sprints off to the Dream SMP castle. They soon reach the stables; Dream dismounts and closes the stable doors.

He rubs the back of his neck as he's tired. There, waiting for him, is George. He sits on a stack of hay; he lays his head on top of the hay, and he lifts his head when he hears Dream walking towards him- stepping on stray hay and grass.

"I'm guessing you never left this very spot." Dream states as he rubs the brunet's head- less angry than he was when he left.

George smiles for a fleeting moment. "Your guess is rather accurate, my lord."

"You know I don't like being called that."

George huffs a small laugh, "I know... I'm guessing you went to speak to Techno-"

"Shh!" Dream clamped his hand over George's mouth. "You can't just say that!"

"No one's here, Dream."

"Schlatt's a sly bastard. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be listening in on us."

"I still don't understand why you supported his campaign though you're seeing him."

"At the time, Schlatt gave an offer I couldn't refuse. Besides," Dream lowered his voice, "He wasn't in our lands at the time."

"Dream, I can fix this for you two- if you'd let me?"

"How?"

"Just tell Schlatt the deal's off."

"And how do I tell him that, exactly? 'Sorry, my heart already belongs to someone; deal's off?'"

"Just say you aren't interested in Fundy."

"And break the kid's heart? That boy has been through too much to count."

"Dream! It's just one crush! I'm sure he'll get over it. And, unless you have another option, then it's either break the deal or marry someone you don't love."

"Schlatt would find it petty." Dream takes his mask off with a sigh, and he chucks it on one of the hay barrels. "Gods, I hate this."

"Not like you have a choice." George shrugs. "I'm lucky to have never been in love. I would hate to be in your shoes."

"Oh, fuck you." Dream slaps the back of his head with a laugh.

George smiles, "Can I ask you something?" Dream nods. "Why are you two hiding your relationship? How did you start dating in the first place?"

"That... is a long tale." Dream chuckles at the memories.

"I got all day, my friend."

"Well, I don't. I got a kid's heart to break."

George laughs and pats the lump of hay he sits upon. "Tell me the shortened version."

Dream, taking a deep breath, sits beside his friend. He strokes his chin. "Now where should I begin?"

‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗

It seemed to be the tournament of victors. All of the most powerful, strongest warriors arrived to battle until death- well, until there's a winner. Many fought, but none could withstand the newer gladiator, Dream Tolkien. The rookie moved quickly up the ranks, and kept his position throughout the games. People began to cheer for the newest fighter, especially George and Sapnap.