Chapter 16

Harry woke up on Sunday morning to find the dormitory blazing with winter sunlight and his arm reboned but very stiff. He'd make the moron pay for that.

He sat up quickly and looked over at Colin's bed, but it had been blocked from view by the high curtains Harry had changed behind yesterday. Seeing that he was awake,Madam Pomfrey came bustling over with a breakfast tray and then began bending and stretching his arm and fingers.

"All in order," she said as he clumsily fed himself porridge left-handed. "When you've finished eating, you may leave."

Harry dressed as quickly as he could and hurried off to Gryffindor Tower, desperate to tell Ron and Hermione about Colin and the photos he took.

But he didn't find them in the Tower and he didn't know where to look, in moments like that he missed the Hogwarts map, but he knew he couldn't steal it from the twins, not yet.

As Harry passed the library, Percy Weasley strolled out of it, looking in far better spirits than last time they'd met.

"Oh, hello, Harry," he said. "Excellent flying yesterday, really excellent. Gryffindor has just taken the lead for the House Cup — you earned fifty points!"

He had forgotten that.

"You haven't seen Ron or Hermione, have you?" said Harry.

"No, I haven't," said Percy.

Harry forced a smile, he still didn't quite like the current eldest of the redheads, watched Percy walk out of sight, and then headed straight  for  Moaning  Myrtle's  bathroom.  He  couldn't  see  why  Ron  and Hermione would be in there again, but after making sure that neither Filch nor any prefects were around, he opened the door and heard their voices coming from a locked stall.

"It's me," he said, closing the door behind him. He heard a thump that sounded like a knee against wood and then two heads poked out.

"Harry!" Hermione said. "You gave us such a fright — come in — how's your arm?"

"Fine," said Harry, drawing the wand and pointing it at the door to permanently lock it and silence the place. "What are you doing here?"

"Considering this was where you found us the other time," Ron replied with a shrug. "We thought it was the logical choice to search."

"And you didn't think, I don't know, better go see me at the hospital?" he scoffed.

"We thought about going to see you, but we decided it was best to have this conversation here." Ron explained.

"Whatever," he said rolling his eyes, there existed silencing spells for something, "Did anyone take Colin's pictures before his camera literally died?"

"I did," Hermione replied "I'll take care of sending them later."

"Well, one less concern." He smiled.

"Anyone listening to us would think we don't have a heart," Ron commented, gaining a confused look from his two friends. "You know, because we don't seem to care that little Colin is petrified."

"We don't," Hermione pointed out "We know he'll be fine."

"What worries me is the duelling club." Harry confessed."Why?" Ron asked.

"Considering that Hermione ended up in a catfight the other time," she gasped indignantly. "And Draco will probably take the snake out again."

"Uh," said Ron realizing "They'll come out to talk."

"Do you care about second year Hufflepuffs?" said the witch contemptuously.

"The only Hufflepuff I care about what says about me is in this room" he snorted, looking mockingly at his friend who blushed. "The thing is, I'm going to get bored listening to Ernie's little shit, and I'm going to want to kill him."