4 - We're A Legal Couple

Her naked and spent body fell on his strong chest as she caught her breath after their union brought them both to the peak of the passion they shared. He contentedly inhaled her unique scent that flooded his nose and warmed his soul. Their hearts thundered inside their chests and their skin were still heated. Her slick hair splayed on his bare shoulders as she coyly hid her flushed face on the crook of his neck. The corners of Ryder's lips rose as he snugly wrapped her in his arms. After three years of marriage and countless times they intimately shared, his wife would still be shy every time after they made love.

Maisey embarrassedly bit her lip and closed her eyes as if she didn't just wantonly ride him to their summit like a graceful golden goddess. Ryder sighed as he leisurely combed his fingers through her hair. She must not be aware that her little action rekindled a spark inside him that urged him to ravage her again but he knew she was bound to have a long day so he held back. 

The smile on his face widened and thought, "How can my wife still be shy about it? Aren't we a legally married couple? Isn't it a normal thing to do? At least that's what you told me when you resolutely decided to do it with me the first time." 

Ryder remembered the first night they intimately shared. It was the evening after their private ceremony with just a trusted priest and their family members present which they secretly held and masked behind a televised reel wedding for a show during the day. At sunset, they shared dinner with their families in her penthouse condominium unit and signed the final draft of their contract. For her protection, her father insisted on adding two conditions to the contract that though Maisey wanted to argue with her parents with, Ryder readily agreed to. He signed without hesitation so she did too.

Maisey was still thinking about it when their families left and they were alone. The first condition that her father added was that they should not conceive any children during the 5-year contract. The second was that during the duration of their marriage, regardless of the absence of romantic love between them, they should remain faithful to each other and their marriage vows. 

It was the second condition that entangled her, she felt that it would be unfair to him. Although she loved him, she also knew that he didn't feel the same way for her. He was clear when he said that he didn't have the energy and the space in his heart to be in love with anyone at the moment because his whole life and heart was dedicated to his family. She understood that and she was willing to wait for him to be ready but what if he fell for someone else? The second condition would be unfair to him then, wouldn't it? 

And what about his needs? His physiological needs? He was a young and vigorous man in his prime. Five years is not a short time to waste his youth on a loveless and sexless marriage. Though it would be devastating for her, she intended to let him be free to satisfy his needs elsewhere if need be but he wouldn't have the liberty to do that because of the condition. 

Ryder didn't know that she was thinking about those things while they sat on her couch and finished their second bottle of red wine so he was confused when she suddenly said, "Take me."

She stared at him with a determined expression and her beautiful brown eyes glowed with a beaming light like she had come to a very important and absolute decision. She moved closer to him until their faces were merely a few inches away from each other. Her warm breath alluringly fluttered on his lips when she spoke. "Take me, Ryder. For the next five years, I'm yours. All of me. Do as you wish with my body." She slurred her words but her eyes were clear. 

"Wh-What?!" He was stunned and for a few seconds his brain totally stopped and was unable to process what she said. After a while, he realized what she was telling him and shook his head. "Maise, you don't have to do this."