1 - You're My Wife

"First of all, Maisey, congratulations on your new movie." The talk show host started the interview with a beaming smile. 

Maisey March, one of the country's top actresses and the most influential celebrity of her generation smiled back coyly as she sat across from the host on a plush chair in a studio set that was made to look like a seating area in one's home. "Thank you." She politely replied. 

After her viral shot to fame five years ago when she uploaded a funny video of her perfectly lip synching to other famous artists which charmed her audience with the refreshing combination of her natural beauty and impeccable comedic timing, all the gates opened widely for her to join the entertainment world and the blaze of a million promises to fulfill a little girl's secret dream was too bright to pass. It was just a curiosity at first, she wanted to try things out, be in a show, make few fans and make them happy, before fulfilling her actual dream of becoming a flight attendant. What she didn't know was that something phenomenal was going to happen to her and it happened on the day she shared a split screen with Ryder Farris one rainy Thursday afternoon. 

It all started with a little smile she gave him across the screen which happened in a predestined moment that suddenly changed both of their lives like an instantaneous burst of energy that exploded across the cosmos and created an entire universe with Maisey and Ryder in the center.

Neither of them expected it and they were both overwhelmed by the attention and fame they received. Her more than him. Though Ryder had been in the industry five years before their phenomenal encounter, and had been working and waiting for his big break, he was still astounded by Maisey's impact in his life. For her, the impact was more astonishing. What she thought would be a drizzle of the dream she had came to her in a giant wave that almost drowned her. Aside from the love and support of her family, it was Ryder's patient encouragement and friendship that made her stay and grow to love the new world she was in, all of it, the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly. 

She used to be very uncomfortable with interviews and never did one alone when she started. She would always lean on Ryder for support and looked to him for guidance. She depended on him and he happily held her hand through it all. Later on, he made her understand that it was part of their work and she had to inevitably go through it. He gave her courage and made her believe in herself.

Meanwhile, she opened up a whole new world for him too in more ways than one. He had always had big ambitions and had focused all his energy to achieve them for his family. He worked all day and night. He barely had time to rest and it affected his personal relationships. Maisey showed him how to enjoy his life more and find happiness in simple things. She was like an eternal ball of sunshine that brings joy and warmth in his life. 

She held onto his strength and he gravitated towards her radiance, inevitably they developed an unusually close and very beautiful friendship that's beyond anyone's comprehension.

"I'll cut to the chase. I'm sure everyone is eager to know. How was it doing a movie without your former loveteam partner Ryder?" The host grinned widely.

Maisey smiled softly and said, "Well, this wouldn't be the first movie I've done without Ryder but I guess it's the first romance film I did so everyone is curious." She giggled. "It was great. My partner in the movie, the director and all the cast and crew involved have been awesome to work with and we are all proud of the movie we made for you all."

It had been over a year since their management companies decided that they should work on separate projects. "For growth", they said, but really they just wanted their own share of the gravy train for themselves. 

He saw through it and tried to hold back their plan but she conceded. She always felt that he deliberately slowed down his once quick and strong strides forward in his career so she could keep up with him and stay by his side. She didn't want him to do that for her. She felt like she had obligated him enough.

"We're all very excited to see the movie. Will Ryder be watching it too?" The host seemed to be keeping with the topic.

"He better. I saw his movie five times in the theater." She laughed, hoping to shake off the interview from the topic of Ryder. 

"Of course he'll watch. He booked 10 theaters on opening day." Ryder's assistant mumbled as he stood behind the actor who was watching the interview on his phone during a break in his rehearsals for his upcoming concert.

Ryder glared at his assistant and said, "Shouldn't you be busy somewhere else, Leonard?"

"I am. I just came by to say that Maisey's parents called and told me to remind you of the dinner at their place tomorrow." His assistant answered.

"You don't have to remind me. Did Maisey's assistant confirm what time we should meet tomorrow?" Ryder asked the man beside him but his eyes were glued on Maisey's face on the screen as she told the host more details about the movie.

"Not yet. Do you need me to call them? They've been very busy with the promotion of her movie so maybe…"

"No need." Ryder cut in and waved his hand to dismiss his assistant as he listened closely to the interview.

"So, Maisey, we know you're dating someone and we also know that you remained good friends with Ryder." The host's smile turned to a gossipy one and she felt a little uncomfortable but she knew how to handle such questions. "Does he mind that you're still so close with your former loveteam partner?"

She gave the host a tight smile, glanced quickly to the left and involuntarily touched her ear. She had a tell and Ryder knew it. Whenever she didn't like a certain question and she knew she couldn't be entirely truthful with her answer, she did that. 

He visibly tensed as he watched her answer the question. "How could a fake boyfriend mind her being close to her real husband?" He grumbled. 

"They're also good friends so I don't think anyone minds anyone's closeness." She giggled lightly. To others, it looked like she was being candid with her answer, only Ryder saw how nervous she really was. 

"Since no one minds, I might as well ask, why didn't you and Ryder end up together? I mean thousands of fans rooted for you two and all of their hearts were broken. We need to know." The host sighed and flashed another fake smile.

"Who didn't end up together? You have no idea how together we are." Ryder mumbled to himself and pouted. Sometimes he hated their secret marriage setup. Two more years, when the contract for their marriage ends, he could finally make things right with her. 

When she hasn't answered after a few seconds, the host prodded. "We all know that you two are good friends. You also used to see each other everyday and spend days at a time on set filming. He's the top male celebrity, very handsome, talented and charming. He's also quite a nice guy. He's practically perfect. Why didn't you date him?"

"Because she married me. We skipped that whole part." Ryder continued to mumble to himself. Maisey didn't have to answer that question but he was curious about her answer anyway. 

"You're right." She smiled softly. "Ryder Farris is perfect. He is incredibly attractive and talented. He is such a great guy. There's really nothing a woman could want more than to be the one who holds his heart. I just think there's someone out there more worthy to have that honor."

"Oh my God!" The host gushed. "Why do I feel my heart breaking?" He then continued to wrap up the interview and thanked Maisey with a bouquet of flowers.

Meanwhile, long after Maisey went off screen, Ryder was still fuming over her answer and kept grumbling even as he was called back to practice. "You're already my wife. Who else do you think should be more worthy? Looks like you need a reminder tonight, Mrs. Farris."