7 - Yes, I Am A Beast

"Need help with that?" Ryder smirked then clasped back his belt buckle as he watched Maisey struggle to zip up her dress. 

"No!" She glared at him accusingly as she scooted away from him. "Don't touch me, you beast!"

Beast. He grinned at the word. Was that the impression he left her just now at how eager he was to devour and savor his wife just to satiate his greed for her body? 

"That wasn't what you said a little while back, dear wife." He smiled smugly as he continued to speak in a provocative tone. "Didn't you tell me to touch your…" 

"Shut up!" She snarled and rolled her eyes before pulling a mirror from her purse. She looked into it to check how much damage her ravenously beastly husband made to her hair and makeup. She moved farther from him as she cleaned up her smudged lipstick with a wet tissue. 

She was so angry at him and so embarrassed at what she had mindlessly done with him. She was surprised when he pulled her in the car and started passionately kissing her. That went on for a few minutes. She was totally fine with that. Who knew that during that time, he had already pressed a button to raise a soundproof privacy wall that completely isolated the backseat and fervently continued to more intimate actions? And worse, who knew that her treacherous body would defy all her reasons and ardently responded to his every kiss and touch? She was angry at him but she was angrier at herself. Why was she always so weak when it came to him? 

"Maise, if you move any further, you'd be married to that car door." Ryder chuckled as he watched his blushing wife in amusement. 

She glared at him, "I would rather be married to this door than a beast like you. At least it wouldn't do unspeakable things to me in a moving car." She said as her cheeks blushed a deeper red. 

He chuckled at how adorable she looked with her angry and shy expression. "My smart wife, you're right. We shall never speak of what we just did in this car. It will not do any of us any good. Unless…" He clicked his tongue and rubbed his chin as if in thought. "Unless we want to consider a career in the adult film industry." He grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. 

His joke earned him a strong slap on his arm as Maisey yelled, "Ryder Farris, you're crazy!"

With how wide her shocked eyes got and how red her cheeks and neck blushed, Ryder had the impulse to laugh and tease his lovely wife even more. But seeing that they were within a ten-minute drive to her home, he decided to appease Maisey instead. 

He sighed and looked at her with puppy dog eyes. "Okay. I'll stop teasing you." He smiled gently and slowly moved closer to her. She didn't avoid him but her angry eyes still glared at him. He carefully reached out his hand and tenderly brushed stray hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear. "Don't be angry anymore, okay? You wouldn't want our family to see you angry at me on our anniversary, right?"

Maisey sighed and though she still glared at him, her eyes looked less upset. He was right. As unconventional as their marriage of convenience is, their families still treat them as a normal married couple. As such, some expectations were inevitably formed and their own relationships to their in-laws have become deeper. One proof of which was that every year, their families gather to celebrate their wedding / contract signing anniversary. It was just an excuse to get together really since no one greeted them or prepared gifts for them. 

His whole family which includes his grandparents Dan and Lyn, his father Ryan, older brother Bryce, and two younger sisters Ryzel and Ariel, all adore Maisey. Like Ryder, they consider Maisey as a radiant ball of sunshine that they were blessed to have in their lives after the long eclipse that came with their mother Rosie's passing. His grandparents and his father doted on her like their own child. His sisters were inseparable from her and took turns hogging her attention whenever she came to visit them. She also became his quiet older brother's confidante. The Farris love and protect Maisey as one of their own.