Sad Part 14 (Sad Final)

Jaemin's POV (Yup, you read that right. Jaemin)

I would be lying if I didn't say this was hard...

For both me and Jeno.

We were stuck in between life and death.

And we have to haunt our little 9...

We can't talk to him, and there's no way to show him that we're here. No way to reach out and tell him that we heard his last cries. We knew he loved us.

He wouldn't know.

He let Chenle and Jisung live with him, and paid for their food and stuff. In return they took care of him. They made food, kept him happy, the norms.

It's been 4 years since our games though. And he still misses us.

He hides it from his two friends, but he's very, very sad. He has a habit of crying to sleep at night, and he talks in his sleep too, crying out to us.

You may be wondering, why don't we leave him?

How could we? How could we leave him like this, when it's our fault. At least we have each other. Injunnie lost both of us.

Our families had at least been kind enough to give him some pictures of us, and let him come to our funeral. And he wasn't forced to mentor the kids going into the arena, Chung-Ho still did.

I respect that man. Even though he could've asked Renjun to mentor the kids, he never did. I really wonder what Injunnie's going to do when he's gone. Maybe there will be another victor to mentor by then.

Renjun was currently at Haechan's grave. He would murmur about memories he had with the boy, and the silly things they had done together. And he would talk about Nono and I.

"I-I sometimes wish I never met them..." he said in a broken voice. "But then I picture what my life would have been without them. I wouldn't have been able to support Jisung and Chenle like this, and I would be dead."

The thing I had been most worried about had been Renjun's will to live. It had been pretty much gone at first, but after he reunited with his family and began supporting Jisung and Chenle, it returned.

Me and Nono will forever be in debt to those 2 boys.

We were sitting together, hand in hand, my head on Nono's shoulder. This was a time when we reflected back to our Games.

We remembered how we'd fallen for each other, and how we'd fallen for our 9. We remembered our one kiss, shared under a pale orange sky. And we remembered our deaths, and how we'd confessed our love to Renjun together. As one.

It's a peaceful time.

"We just have to wait Nana. One day, he'll be with us again."

I nodded, a small smile on my face as I imagined the 3 of us united again.

"One day..."

This is the end of the sad parts! I would like to thank you for reading!!!!!!!!! 

Have a great day/night, and may the UwUs be with you!

(Also, if you haven't you might want to check out the happy parts, where Jaemin and Jeno live!)

-Seashell 🌊💖