Time to Celebrate

Out at the fire station, Station Officer Steele was getting ready for the new year celebration at the new location Sam, Penny, and their visitor had planned. He was wearing his best jacket with a kilt as he was a former army officer with the Royal Welsh Fusiliers. Arnold and Elvis were wearing their business clothes while Ellie was wearing a beautiful red dress she wore to the Firefighters dinner and dance in Cardiff. "So, are we ready to go?" he asked the others.

"Yes, sir. What about Sam and Penny, will they join us?" Elvis added.

"It'll be fine, Elvis. Sam and Penny had an agreement to have the venue at the Police Station, Malcolm and Rose were invited too."

"Will Jones be coming too, sir?" Ellie asked.

"Yes, she'll be there. her sister will have to watch their baby brother."

"Are we going to take our emergency vehicles in case of an emergency there, sir?" Arnold asked.

"Don't worry, everyone. We will be bringing Jupiter, Venus, Phoenix, and Hydrus while Sam is arriving on Mercury." Station Officer Steele replied.

It was time for them to get the vehicles ready to drive to the Police Station. It wasn't too busy in Pontypandy when it comes to crime, the only emergency they had with the Police was with Venus and the sheep when they were loose in Pontypandy. Soon, Station Officer Steele was driving Phoenix with Ellie aboard Jupiter with Arnold and Elvis on Hydrus leaving Sam and Penny with Mercury and Venus. Tom was coming down to the station in Wallaby 2 landing beside the Police helicopter.

Sam and Penny were in the house getting ready for the big event when Kayleigh came out in her best dress she wore to her sister's 16th birthday party. Sam was surprised that his visitor had brought his business casual clothes with a blue jacket, blue slacks, and dress shoes polished and shined. He was impressed with the way he looked. "Oh, my word. That is amazing, I wish I would look like that." he said looking surprised in the mirror.

"Thank you, Sam. I always dress for the occasion." the visitor replied.

Just as Sam was finishing up, Penny came out with a blue dress that she wore to the party in Newtown for Chief Fire Officer Boyce's 30th anniversary in the Fire Service. Kayleigh was needing some help with the cadet training pin to be placed on her coat. "Mum, can you help me with my pin, please?" Kayleigh asked.

"Of course, Jones. Come over here and I'll put it on for you." Penny said

Kayleigh went with Penny to the sitting room to finish getting ready for the party. Sam was getting the keys to Mercury and Venus while the visitor picked up his bags and headed with Penny to drive Venus to the Police Station. Penny had finished helping Kayleigh put the pin on her coat and then they were soon heading for the Police station to join the others for the big celebration.

My POV

I was out with Penny in Venus and I have never been in Venus before. I was a little nervous for my first new year celebration outside of America, but I knew I was in safe hands in Pontypandy. Penny was driving with Sam and Kayleigh behind on Mercury, it was a short drive to the Police Station where the party was being held. "Erm, Penny. Have you celebrated a new year like this before?" I asked.

"No, this is the first time we have ever put on a big celebration with the emergency services before. Chief Fire Officer Boyce has done a few of them, but this year he thought he would let Sam plan the party for the new year." Penny replied.

"Oh, I think you and Sam are doing great at planning events like this. I hope you can do one next year."

"Don't worry, we will. It'll be a Pontypandy tradition the Fire Service has started."