The Day Has Come

You keep looking out at the beach as you hear the paramedics drive away. One of the police officers comes back into the tower.

P1: He won't be free for quite some time, I can assure you that. We will need your statement in the next couple of days to finally convict him.
Just come to our station to do that, it shouldn't take too much of your time.
JE: We'll come by, thank you.
P1: And about you, I do recommend a therapist. I know many people don't want to admit they need one but if you try to accept it too long it will only get worse.
Y/N: I'll think about it, thank you.
P1: Alright then, we are done here. Have a good one.
JE: You too.

The officer leaves and you immediately jump out of your chair and head to the door.

J: Where are you going?
Y/N: North bondi, work still isn't over.
JE: But Y/N you-

But you are already out the door.

Over at north bondi it is mostly calm but there is one woman that is heading towards Desaster.

Y/N: Guys, here at north bondi is a woman slowly but surely going down, so if one of you could just pop over.

No one answers.

Y/N: Guys? Hello? Anyone? Jethro are you in the tower?

Still no one answers and the woman is getting in more and more trouble. You look at the board close to you.

Y/N: Oh for fucks sake fine.

You say before taking off your shirt and throwing you bum bag to the floor. You grab the board and paddle for your life. You get to the woman who luckily cooperates quickly.

Y/N: Tummy on the board, face forward.
Woman: Okay.

She gets on the board and after a little paddle a wave takes you in nicely. The woman gets off your board.

Woman: Thank you, thank you.
Y/N: No problem.

You say before you put the board back and walk back to her.

Y/N: Have you swallowed any water?
Woman: A little, just little.
Y/N: A little alright.

You see Luke driving towards you and the woman in a buggy.

Y/N: We'll give you a mimute of oxygen just to be sure, okay?
Woman: Yes, yes.
L: You alright?
Y/N: She had a bit of water.
L: Sure, come over here with me.

Luke gives her a mask while you go grab your stuff out of the sand. You come back to them. He already let the woman go.

L: First rescue! How you feeling?
Y/N: Normal.
L: Not full of adrenalin or anything?
Y/N: Nah.
Cameraman: Why'd you decide to go in?
Y/N: None of the boys were answering me so I saw the bpard, which I was actually taught how to use properly so I just thought I'm her last chance and went it. Luckily it went alright.

You give that interview really monotonous and Luke is still confused on why you are still so emotionless. You get in the buggy and put your shirt on while you guys drive back to the tower. You walk in and both Hoppo and Jethro await you cheering.

Y/N: Thanks, guys.
H: That was a solid first rescue, Y/N, I am really proud.
Y/N: Thanks, means a lot.
JET: You okay? I've never witnessed a more depressed lifeguard after saving someone for the first time.
Y/N: I'm fine.

You sit down and silently monitor the beach. Hoppo and Faddy shortly later leave the tower.

*writers point of view*

L: Hop, I know she was just almost murdered for the second time but it's impossible she hasn't shown one emotion since. I'm seriously worried.
H: Me too, mate, but I don't know what we should do.
L: Maybe it would be best after all if we try to convince her to see someone.
H: I don't know, she is really confident and tough.
L: I know but being drowned and threatenes with a knife has an effect on everyone.
H: Of course, but I think she needs something else than a therapist. Something so emotional that she has to snap back into real life.
L: Like what?
H: I have no clue, mate.

*back to normal pov*

Jethro and Bacon exchange spots, Bacon comes up into the tower and Jeff goes to the sand.

B: This is really just rethorical but Y/N are you alright?
Y/N: Can everyone just stop asking me? Yes, I am fine!
B: We notice that you're different. Quiet, held back. I'm here if you want to talk about it.
Y/N: *sigh* It's just... Since it happened... It's like I feel nothing... No fear, happiness, nothing. I'm literally numb and I don't know why. Shouldn't I at least be traumatized or something?
B: Everyone reacts differently. Do you maybe want us to do something for you?
Y/N: No and honestly I wouldn't even know what. Just don't worry too much. I'll be fine eventually *underneath your breath* I hope.
B: Alright.