♪ Chapter 17 ♪

~Aria's P.O.V~

I've had enough of everything and I just wanted this one thing to get out of my life. Finally, it did ... I think. Austin was going to leave me alone and maybe I won't think about him anymore. Maybe I will just forget about him and move on with my life...

I sighed and turned around to make my way back to my house but I came face to face with Zayn. Great... (Note the sarcasm)

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Oh I don't know. My girlfriend just decided to run off looking for a crazy man, why on earth wouldn't I go after her?" He asked sarcastically. "And how the hell do you run so f*cking fast?" He asked.

I shrugged, "Long, long ago, I used to be on a track team but I quit after I changed and I started dating..." I tried to explain.

He shook his head, "And may I ask why you're stupid enough to go after a guy that is clearly stronger than you?" He raised his eyebrows.

I just rolled my eyes and pressed my lips against his as I wrapped my arms his neck pulling him closer. He didn't react for a while and I pulled back looking into his eyes.

"Don't do that again," He stated.

"Fine," I said un-wrapping my arms from his neck and started walking towards the car that was parked in front of us.

"Wait, where are you going? I thought we were having a moment there," He called after me.

"Yeah, but you told me not to kiss you again, so I won't," I smirked.

He looked at me confused for a second before realization hit his face. He walked closer to me and pressed me against the hood of the car.

"You are one evil little girl," He stated.

"Thanks, but I prefer evil genius," I chuckled as I remembered saying that to Phillip on the beach.

He shook his head and looked into my eyes; once again I was lost in them. He slowly leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. I pulled back and shook my head.

"Uh-uh. You said you didn't want to kiss again so for once I'm going to follow your order," I stated, pushing him away from me and then getting into the car.

I heard him groan and after a few seconds he crawled into the car as well. He drove out of the deserted road and headed back to the beach house. Suddenly his hands sneakily wrapped around mine causing me to look up at him, but when I did, he was looking out at the road. I smiled and he just sighed.

"Why don't you listen to my words when I actually mean them?" He asked.

"Because I like to be a rebel," I explained.

He shook his head and chuckled. The rest of the car ride was silent and I just stared out the window, thinking about everything that could happen now. It was almost the end of summer and One Direction was going back to the UK soon. On the bright side however, Austin was almost out of my life. I don't know whether to cheer or to be upset.

"We're back," Zayn whispered, pressing his lips against my ear.

I shivered and turned my head to kiss him. Screw the whole 'I am not going to kiss you' thing. He cupped my face and I wrapped my arms around his neck but I was kind of restricted since we were still in a car.

"Ugh, this is so not comfortable," I mumbled against his lips.

"Agreed," He said pulling away.

We both got out of the car and he grabbed my hand pulling me towards the house. I unlocked the door and realized that no one else was home. We made our way to my bedroom and I closed the door behind us as we got in.