♪ Chapter 21 ♪

~Aria's P.O.V~

I opened my eyes slowly and everything was dark, I could make out the figure of my car and the trees that we are around. My body felt cold against the hard cemented ground and my whole body ached.

My head was spinning and I don't think I've ever felt so much physical pain ever. Every time I took in a breath it hurt my chest so I took short slow breathes. I tried lifting my hand or my foot, but every single movement I made caused pain.

There was a sudden light that flashed directly at me, yet there was only the sound of crunching rocks. Black dots started to enter my vision and my head was getting fuzzy. My eyes felt heavy and I knew that even though I wasn't sure why I was here or what happened, I was going to black out soon.

Just as another figured appeared, my eye lids fell and everything was black.

~~~~~

I felt warm yet afraid. Something was around me and I wanted to get out of it. I wanted to get home and take a nice long sleep, just as I planned.

All of sudden it felt as if I was having a flashback. The surroundings, that seemed so familiar yet so unknown, was around me. I was standing near a black car. I wasn't sure if it was mine but I knew that I had to get in it, though I knew I couldn't. My heart was pounding, and my head was aching. My body felt as if it was being beaten up and I could do nothing about it.

Suddenly everything stopped, the pain was gone and I could no longer hear the pounding of my heart. My head didn't hurt as much and everything went numb. The black fuzziness came back and enveloped my brain and I was once again out.

~~~~~

I was awakened by the pain shooting up from my rib cage and an annoying beeping sound. I couldn't feel any part of my body except for the pain coming from my chest and aching from my head.

"Aria?" A voice said.

I tried turning my head towards the sound but it hurt when I made the slightest of movements. There was some shouting and then something, which sounded like a door opened. I heard more footsteps and suddenly there was a cold hand that touched my face.

"Miss. Hills, if you can hear me, squeeze my hand," At first I was confused because I didn't feel anything in my hands, but a few seconds later, something cold slipped into my hands.

I squeezed the hand slightly even though it hurt a bit.

"Okay, try opening your eyes," A voice instructed.

I tried opening my eyes but they were so heavy, it felt as if someone was holding them down trying to keep me blinded from the world. I tried again and soon they opened but I quickly closed them as the light blinded my eyes.

I blinked a few times before I could finally adjust to the bright lights. I looked around me and at first, I was confused as to why there were so many people around my bed. But after staring at each person for a while, I could recognise two people.

"Aria, you're finally awake," My dad smiled and bent down to hug me, only to make me whimper.

He muttered an apology and quickly stepped back. I smiled weakly and looked at the person beside him. My smile grew bigger as I recognized those familiar blue-gray eyes.

"You're back," I croaked.

He nodded his head, "I had to after I heard you got into so much trouble," He smiled, his eyes watery.

"I missed you so much," I sobbed.

"I missed you so much too, baby sis," Jake smiled.

I couldn't believe Jake was here. I haven't seen him since a long time and I have really missed his twinkling eyes and cute smirk. He was everything to me when I was younger. Since he was older than me by 5 years, we never really fought; he was always protective of me and always really nice.