Chapter 2: The Sorting Ceremony

Harry's P.O.V

I finally got an empty compartment. I was zoning out, looking out the window when a boy with red hair comes in and join me. He was the same boy Mrs. Weasley was next to awhile ago, so I figured that he was one of her sons.

We've been talking for a while now, eating chocolates and sweets that we got off the food cart, and cracking up jokes ever now and then. Ron was about to show me a spell his twin brothers gave him to use on Scabers, his pet rat, when a girl with bushy hair and bucked teeth opens our compartment door.

"Have either of you seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost one" she said.

I looked at Ron and he looked at me. We turned our heads back at the girl and shook our heads no.

Then, her attention turned to Ron. Well, specifically, Ron's hand, which was holding his wand.

"Are you doing magic? Let's see it then" she said.

Although Ron was slightly taken aback at her sudden change of attitude, he cleared his throat at started saying the spell.

"Sunshine daises, butter mellow. Turn this stupid fat rat yellow" he said pointing his wand at Scabers who was snacking off inside a chocolate box. The spell didn't really do anything except produce a light yellow spark that forced Scabers out of the box.

Ron looked embarrassed while the girl had a smirk on her face.

"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it?" she said in a haughty way. Now Ron looked even more embarrassed.

"Of course I've only tried a few spells," she started, taking a seat next to Ron, in front of me (I'm not sure where they really sat, so please bare with me), "but they've all worked for me" she continued, pulling out her wand and pointing it at my broken glasses.

"Oculus Reparo" she bellowed and my glasses immediately got fixed. I took them off and examined them in awe.

"Oh my goodness, you're Harry Potter!" the girl exclaimed. "I'm Hermione Granger" she introduced herself with a smile. Then she turned to Ron furrowing her eyebrows, "And, you are?" she asked Ron.

"Rwon Wiysly" Ron replied with a mouth full of chocolates. "Pleasure" Hermione replied with a look on her face that had anything but pleasure.

"Well, I must be off now. We are nearly at Hogwarts. I suggest you boys change into your robes now" she said standing up and leaving our compartment.

But she turned around and directed her attention to Ron. "You have some dirt over here, by the way. Did you know?" she told Ron, pointing at the bridge of her nose, indicating where the dirt was at Ron's face. With that, she left.

----------------

We got off the train and was greeted by Hagrid. He told us to get in boats, 4 people a boat and we started rowing ourselves to the majestic castle-looking school in front of us. At the corner of my eyes, I saw a girl, a tower away, running back inside Hogwarts in a hurry. But I payed no mind to it as we were near Hogwarts already.

Hagrid led us in and left us with a Professor, I think her name was Professor Mcgnagall. She said a long speech about the houses that we will be in when she was interrupted by a loud shriek from the crowd.

"Trevor!" a boy shouted, running to a toad and grabbing it. Professor Mcgnagall looked at him and he ushered back to the crowd with his head down low.

"I'll be back" Professor said, and left.

It was silent for a moment with a few quiet conversations between students before a guy said, "So the rumours are true. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts" he said. Everyone turned and looked at who said it and some tried finding me. The guy who said it was a short boy with platinum blonde hair and blue eyes.