Chapter VIII

Dominic
I continued to look down at the text Milani just sent me. Damn man why every time I'm ready to say fuck this girl shit like this happens. I had too much to focus on for me to worry about her right now.I can't let no female get my off my game. I just slid my phone back in my pocket and left the trap.

1 week later

Milani
It's been a week and Im back at home. I haven't seen my mom yet and I'm somewhat glad cause I have no idea what I'm going to say to her. When I texted Dominic that day he didn't text me back. I don't know how to feel about it. I actually thought he was feeling me. It's whatever though good thing I didn't let him into my life because I bet he would've did what everybody else did and betrayed me. From now on I just have to put Milani first and just worry about my self.

*RING RING*

I looked down at my phone and seen that it was my uncle calling me for the fifth time this week. I guess it's finally time to talk to him I can't keep running from my problems. I answered the phone and said Hello. My uncle then said that he would like to meet up to talk and I agreed. I'll meet you in 30 at the diner. I told him okay and we ended the convo.

I got out my bed and got picked out me a cute but simple outfit to wear today. I laid me out some of my Victoria Secret underwear and headed to the shower. I stayed in the shower for a good little minute. Once I was done getting dressed I headed to the diner to talk to my uncle. I still don't feel comfortable calling him dad. It's all still very shocking to me.

Once I arrived at the diner I sat in a booth and played a game on my phone while I waited for him to come in. I would have talked to Mama Rose but I see she didn't come in today. I made a mental note to stop by there today cause I haven't seen her since that day I came over. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't notice that my uncle was coming through the door. Once I looked up I seen him approaching the table.

He reached out to hug me and idk why but I got up and hugged him back. No matter what he did this man truly the only one who ever showed me love. I tried to keep my composure and not let a tear drop. I was so over crying. After our long hug we sat down in the booth with him sitting in front of me.
I'm really sorry baby I wanted to tell you but I just didn't know how. I never wanted to hurt you Milani he said. I just looked at him so I could gather my thoughts. What Mama Rose said about forgiving popped up in my head and I know this what I had to do to move on. I told him that I accept his apology and I forgive him. He then started to smile a little. I also told him that it's going to take some time to get use to him being her father. He sat and contemplated and said that he understands and she can take as long as she needed too. After getting the hard part over we just started having random conversations and o actually was having a good time and had a smile on my face.

After an hour or so later me and my uncle decide to part ways. Before he left he kissed my forehead and told me that he loved me. I told him that I loved him too. As I was leaving the diner I remember that I wanted to check on Mama Rose. So I headed in the direction of her house.When I got there a seen a nice car in the driveway. I wonder who that could be.