Dickhead

Was it weird that I was getting mad at Pete the more I stared at him. That stupid toothy smile. His stupid giddy laugh. The stupid way his eyes lit up when he was trying to hold back his laughter. The stupid way his lips kept getting dry that he was constantly licking them. The stupid way-

"Oh shit" he caught my glance as I was standing off next to lighting that I ducked and stupidly used my clipboard to hide my face. So smooth dumbass. I gently hit my forehead and slowly lowered it to see Pete was back and looking at the camera.

Cue exit.

I went over to the buffet area and started plating up Awkwafina's, I mean Nora's lunch. She said she was keen to try anything. I was about to grabs the tongs for some bits off the cheese platter till I felt someone behind me. I stood up straight and slowly turned to see Damien grinning back at me. 

I gave him a small smile, put Nora's plate down, rubbed my hands together and slapped the shit out of him. One big swoop and that's all I needed. I felt the sting on my hand and the red mark showing on his face.

"Oh shit son!!" I turned to see Pete had a fist raised to his mouth trying to conceal his laughter while still on stage. He turned his back to the camera and you could tell by his shoulders moving that he was trying to contain himself.

 He turned his back to the camera and you could tell by his shoulders moving that he was trying to contain himself

----

"I'm really sorry Rebecca!!" I was shitting bricks as we sat in her office after my somewhat of an outburst just after they had wrapped up another skit. I was gonna lose my fuckin' job because I carelessly left the staff party with the man slut that is Damien and slept with him and whatever that other chick was to him. And to top off the cake, there was a picture, hell, probably pictures of me circulating and being talked about on a group chat that I had no knowledge of.

"Shut up shut up. Now listen here Lita, I can't say as a professional that I approve that type of behaviour on the set. Nonetheless doing that to one of my senior staff members, a guy that I wouldn't like to lose anytime soon-"

"Are you firing me? Fuck! I'm sorry-"

"Let me finish-" and she held up her finger to signal my silence. I couldn't stand it that I was gonna be let go like this. For that reason. "But let me just say, you're not the first girl that's fallen into Damien's love trap"

"I don't love HIM!" that piece of shit...

"Ahh!! You best shut up or I'll damn let you go for not being quiet. Listen. He's got a rep. He has a knack for getting girls in the sack if ya know what I mean. All I'm saying is. Soldier on if you wanna stick around. Just for the sake of everyone around you. Stay. Away. From. Damien".

And I sat there gobsmacked. Did. Did she just let me off?

"Now get out before I give myself another reason to fire you" and she waved me away

"And get me another coffee!!!" Rebecca yelled as I was about to close the door. I stuck my hand up for a thumbs up and damn ran my ass off to make her coffee. That lady almost gave me a heart attack. But at least I had my job.

----

I was sharing a dressing room champagne with Nora and a few of the other female cast members like Leslie and Aidy after the show wrapped. We were all pairing off in conversation until the conversation began to circulate about my handling of the Damien situation. 

"Girl that was like a slap heard around the world!" as I got a high five from Melissa. I was a bit embarrassed but sure enough the ladies on set had a few not so nice things to say about Damien as well. 

Just as we were about to pour ourselves another glass there was a knock on the door as Pete peaked his head in.

"Ah Davidson, you're practically a girl anyway. Get your ass in here" Aidy laughed as she motioned Pete inside. He gave me a look as Nora poured him a glass and he awkwardly came to stand beside me. I gave him a side glance and tried to ignore that stupid gorgeous face of his.

NO! NOTE TO SELF. STAY CLEAR OF ANY SNL GUY!!

"Pretty lady can I have a word with you?" I had to do a double take when I realised Pete was staring at me.

"What about?"

"I think you may have an idea".

And just as we were all about ready to head off home. I did a few last minute tasks and grabbed my bag. I thought Pete would've left already but as I opened the studio door, I saw him leaning on what I assumed was his car, casually smoking and once again on his phone.