Chapter 1

POV: Hajime Hinata

- - -

I stood on the dock watching my classmates board the boat one by one... Everyone was United again. Well, almost. Everyone except Chiaki. It wasn't fair, why did she have to die... Worst part, it was all my fault. I could've saved her. I allowed her to... die... I'm not even apart of class 77-B yet here I was, standing in place of Chiaki. 

No.

I had to do something... This didn't feel right.

"Hey guys, I have something to do... You guys go ahead, I'll catch up to you when I can." I said.

"Where are you going?!" Akane yelled back.

"I've got something to do... I promise once it's done I'll come back." I replied.

"WAIT!"

I saw Nagito running off the ship in a hurry.

"If you're going I'm coming with you," Nagito said once he caught up with me. 

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course, you are the ultimate hope after all," Nagito said.

Again with that hope stuff. That guy never seemed to give it a rest, I guess there wasn't anything I could do about it. If he wanted to come then so it be.

The ship sailed off in the distance and gradually got smaller and smaller until it disappeared into the horizon.

"Hajime," A voice said, "Is there something we can help you with?" 

"Yes, in fact, I believe that you're the only one who can, Makoto Naegi." I said. "I need your help to bring back Chiaki." 

Everyone looked stunned, it took a few moments before anyone said a word.

"Are you sure about this?" Makoto said. 

"Yes." 

"Alright, then the future foundation will do its best to help you." 

"Thank you," I replied. 

Walking from the distance was a figure with long hair. It was Kyoko Kirigiri, the one who would been gone if it weren't for Seiko's antidote. Makoto turned around, probably because we'd been staring for ages.

"K-Kyoko..." Makoto mumbled as he ran over and hugged Kyoko. Tears fell down his face and Kyoko smiled softly, looking at us with gratitude. 

Eventually Makoto pulled away and said "Come on, let's get going." 

And so Makoto, Kyoko, Hina, Hiro, Byakuya, Nagito and I all walked off to board the helicopter, that was going to bring us to the 14th branch headquarters where hope awaits...