Chapter 8

Author's note: Updates like 2 times a day bc I wanna finish it lmao, hehe

- - -
No. There's no way, I mean sure she was very attractive and stuff but... Was our relationship more than friends? Did she ever think of me that way?

"Hajime, how's she doing?" Nagito walked over to me. I had almost forgotten anyone else was in the room.

"We haven't the chance to talk to her yet, you've been sat here for a long time."

"Oh sorry," I said back to him. I moved out the way and went to the cafeteria to get some food.

"One club sandwich and a bottle of water please,"
"Thanks," I walked over to an empty table and sat down. I slowly ate my sandwich, staring at the wall and thinking about her. It felt weird thinking I had a crush on her, I didn't know if I should tell her. If she'd be overwhelmed by it all. And I didn't want to ruin our friendship either. Thinking about it, did they tell her what happened yet? How much does she remember? I downed all my food and drank some water to wash it all down then headed back to the lab.

"Ah hey Hajime," Nagito said, "you're back! Chiaki's already woken up." Behind him I could see her smiling.

"That's great! Where did everyone else go?" I asked.

"Oh they thought they'd just let us talk." Nagito replied. "Anyway, I filled her in on everything that happened on Jabberwock Island.

"Nagito- Nevermind." I said, I shouldn't have expected anything less from Nagito.

"So Chiaki, how are you feeling?" I asked.

"Better, are you guys up for a game?" She asked.

"Sure, what should we play?" I asked.

"Hmm... Nagito why don't you pick something?" She said.

"Ah, what about... Mario Kart?"

"Let's go then," I said and then we all walked out of the room into my suite.