Chapter 5

Author's note: Hi, I hope you're all doing well. I've not updated in a while 0-0 so uhm yea. I've honestly kinda forgot about this story for a little while... But anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter :)))

- - -

Not long after Byakuya left multiple waiters walked into the room bringing dozens of platters onto the table and replacing out previous stacked plates with silver platters. The butlers opened them revealing platters of appetising food. One by one people began to deluge into their food in silence.

- - -

When everyone was done Kyoko excused herself and left with Aoi leaving Nagito, Makoto and I in the room. 

"The samples should be done, c'mon lets get going." Makoto said standing up from his seat. We all followed him out the door all the way to the 4th division quarters. We entered one of the rooms in the hallway and inside there were dozens of fancy machinery and equipment. It looked like a lab out of a sci-fi movie. But there wasn't time to stare in awe so we were lead to a guy in a lab coat. 

"Mr Naegi!" he greeted us. "They must be..."

"Hajime Hinata and Nagito Komaeda," Makoto said.

"Well met," he said. 

"We're here to check up on the progress of the hair clip?" Makoto said.

"That great! We just finished getting the samples and... Well... Theres good news and bad news."

"Let's hear the bad news first," Nagito cut in.

"Well the bad news is that there are no traces of her DNA left on this."

"What's the good news?" Hajime asked.

"The good news, is that the whole things got traces of her blood."

"I'm not an expert but doesn't blood have DNA in it?"

"Yes it does, however due to the amount of time it's been left on it's difficult to take any samples of it. But don't worry we'll figure a way out!" 

Hajime smiled at the hope, shining at the end of the tunnel.