Chapter 7

Author's Note: I shall try to finish this story whilst I have the motivation ehehe...

- - -
It's been a few weeks since anything's happened. The scientists have been investigating and doing well... science stuff. Merging of DNA, tests and all that stuff. Today was supposed to be the day they brought Chiaki back. It feels like it's been so long since we arrived at the Future Foundation HQ. But I'm finally seeing Chiaki again.

I was walking down the corridors to the lab with Nagito, Makoto and Kyoko, it didn't seem a stranger to me anymore. I grew to understand the building pretty well. We entered through the doors and we were greeted by a scientist.
"Hello sir, ma'am!" He greeted us, "If you wish to visit her she will be over there." He pointed to the corner of the room were a white hospital bed lay. And on top of the bed was a body. One I recognised too well. A short girl with soft brown hair, I walked over to her and looked down.

"Hey," I said softly as if I was trying not to disturb her.

"..." She shifted in her bed and after a while opened her eyes and turned her head to face me.

"H-Hajime...?" She whispered.

I looked into her pastel pink eyes and couldn't help but smile. She raised her hands to touch my face and I held her hand.

"Do you want to play a game with me...?" She said weakly.

"You need to rest, but, when you're better I'd love to," I said back to her. The memories of all those times we played games together came flowing back. Not long after, tears began welling up in my eyes and streaming down my face. I'd give anything to play a game with you, anything.

"Hehe, great... I can't wait," she whispered softly.
I looked at her face, a helpless expression fixated on it. I don't know if it was because she was a clone but her eyes really stood out to me, something I've never realised before. How pretty she was, long black lashes and a button nose. What am I thinking?! Could it be...