Chapter 27

Tiana's POV

I couldn't believe Rheya is Hydra. How could this be. I really thought we were friends. She used me and threw me away like I was nothing. I've never been so hurt before. I would really like to punch her in the face right now, to make her feel some kind of pain for which she caused me. Nothing is worse than emotional pain. I don't think I will ever get over this betrayal. Now I'm in this dark and musty room and all alone. I need to see Thor and Steve. I miss them so much. Thinking of them is the only thing that is giving me hope right now. I hope the team are okay. They need to know that Tiana is behind all of this. Maybe they already know? I wonder if they would be as surprised as I was. I need to be strong for myself, its the only way for me to get through this.

 There has to be a way out of here. I have to try and save myself. I tried moving the chair, I was sitting on but it didn't budge. It was nailed to the floor for thus exact reason. No escape. I tried wriggling my hands free from the shackles but it was no use. The shackles were tightly secured. There was nothing I could do to escape from it. I was not going to give up just yet. There has to be another way for me to get out of here. Just as I was thinking about a different method of escape, The door burns open. I immediately froze in terror, thinking it was the Hydra agents. Then I felt warm, comforting arms  and a soothing voice. "Tiana, it's me." Steve said softly. 

I just knew it was Steve. "Steve..." His name was the only word that came out from my mouth. He broke the shackles like it was nothing. I was so relieved to be free from them. I jumped straight into his arms. "You found me." I said, with tears in my eyes as I clung onto him. "I found you." He whispered, as he pressed a kiss to my head. Then it hit me, Thor. Where was he? I pulled away from Steve to find Thor standing behind Steve. Pain and anger written on his face. "I'm glad you're safe, Tiana." He said, painfully as he began to walk away. "Thor, wait. I can explain." I called out desperately. "There is nothing to explain. You already did. I heard everything. There is no need for us to be together if you're in love with someone else. We're over, Tiana. " Thor said, coldly, as he walked off.  My heart broke. I t's not like I could deny it because everything that he said was true. I couldn't hide it from myself anymore. This isn't how it was supposed to end. I didn't mean to hurt him like that. I was going to tell him myself. I never thought he would find out first. How did he end up finding out.

I fell to the ground, bursting into tears. Steve dropped down to his knees. He held me in his arms. "I am so sorry, Tiana. Thor found out from a recording. Rheya knew what she was doing . She wanted to cause a rift between Thor and I. " Steve said, as he rubbed my back soothingly. It felt so good to be in his arms. I felt so safe and protected. I wish I didn't of that right now, especially since Thor just broke up with me not more than 10 minutes ago. I can't be thinking of being in another mans arms. I found myself not being able to let go of him. Eventually Steve pulled away. I looked into his eyes, they were shining brightly, it held so many emotions. It showed how much he cared for me. "Tiana, I know the timing isn't  right but there is something important I have to tell you." Steve said, hesitantly. "What is it?" I asked, even though I already guessed what he was going to say. 

"Tiana, I -"  "Rhyea is nowhere to be found. She's gone." Nat interrupted. "Where would she have gone?" I asked, anger rising in my voice. "We have no idea, we're still working on it." Nat answered. "Okay. As long as we can get out of here. I'll be okay." I said, as Steve helped me up. "Are you okay, after being held hostage and everything." Nat asked, walking next to me. "I guess, I'm still pretty shocked. It's everyday that you're held hostage." I said, honestly. "yeah, it will take time to recover from such a traumatic event. You might even suffer from PSTD." Nat warned. "Yeah, I'm a little worried about that but with your help I think I'll be okay." I smiled. Steve smiled. "I'll be there for you every step of the way." Steve said kindly, as he gently squeezed my shoulders. I smiled fondly at him. Both of our eyes sparkling with emotion. "Will you two stop gazing into each others eyes and get out of here." Nat said, impatiently. "Sorry." Steve and I said at the same time.