Chapter 23

Tiana's POV
I'm so happy Thor is alright. I was so worried that he might not make it. I had never seen in him in such a bad condition before. It was terrifying. I don't know what I would have done if I had lost him. I found Thor outside, talking to Steve. "Thank you for your help. Thank you for making sure she was okay. I know she must have felt helpless in that situation. " Thor said gratefully. My heart just swelled with happiness. I didn't think I could love him more than I already did. Wow. I walked towards Thor and wrapped my arms around his waist. He was taken by surprise."Oh, Tiana. I didn't see you. How long have you been standing here?" He asked, as his face turned red. "Long enough." I said, as I squeezed him tighter. "Ah, so you heard everything." He smiled, as he pulled me closer. I pressed a small kiss on his back.

"Now that I'm feeling better, I think it is about time that I gave you a tour of Asgard." Thor grinned, brightly. " I was waiting for you to say that." Steve laughed. "Same." I agreed, laughing. "I really love your enthusiasm." Thor smiled, happily. "Where do we start?" I ask. "We'll start with the palace. You will get to see the place where I grew up." Thor smiled. "Ooh, now I'm even more intrigued. It will be nice to see where little Thor grew up." I smiled, taking his hand.

Thor took us to the entrance to the palace. I was in awe of its beauty. The whole place was shining with gold. I had never seen anything so magnificent in my life. It was radiating with elegance and perfection. "Thor, this place is breathtaking. You are so lucky to have been brought up here. It is truly remarkable." I said in amazement. " I thought I'd seen everything after waking up from the ice. Wow, this is even more incredible." Steve said, eyes widened with intrigue. "This is only the start." grinned.

As we continued walking through the palace, I found myself becoming more immersed by its beauty. I don't think I'd want to go back home. I turned to look at Steve, he looked as happy as I was. I then whispered to him, " I can't believe how beautiful this place is. It makes me not want to go home." I said in awe. "Same. Everywhere we go, I keep thinking that there is nothing that could surprise me but I'm proven wrong every few minutes." He said, honestly. I laughed. "I swear, every modern thing that you see always surprises you." I laughed.

Thor turned to look at us, he smiled. "What are you two laughing about?" He asked. "It's just that Steve is always in awe of anything modern so I'm not surprised that he loves Asgard." I said in between laughing. Thor laughed too. "You remind me of myself when I first came to Midgard. Everything was fascinating to me." Thor chuckled, reminiscing fondly. "What was the thing that you found the most fascinating?" Steve asked.

"Hmm, there were so many but I think coffee was the most incredible thing I had ever tasted. Every time I go to Midgard, that would be the first thing I would get. I even brought some coffee back to Asgard, so I could share it with my friends." He said, happily. "You really don't have coffee on Asgard?" Steve asked, taken by surprise. "No, but we're actually working on making our coffee. We're still working on it. We haven't got the right formula just yet." He said, sheepishly. "Aw man. I would have loved to try out Asgard's coffee." Steve laughed. "Maye the next time you come to Asgard  we would have figured it out by then." Thor said, reassured. "Yeah. Hopefully I will be back soon." Steve said.

"Since I've made a full recovery, I was thinking we could go back to Midgard tomorrow. We need to check in on how the others are dealing with the crisis we left behind." Thor said, as we came to the end of the tour. "Right. I almost forgot about the disaster at the club. I just hope everyone made it out okay." I said, feeling guilty that I didn't think of my friends that much since I came to Asgard. I was so concerned about Thor that I didn't think about my friends making it out safely.

"Yeah, I think it's good to head back home tomorrow. I wonder if the team caught any Hydra agents." Steve said. "Okay, at least we all agreed to leave tomorrow." Thor confirmed. "I'm just going to sort some things out for tomorrow. I'll see guys at supper. Feel free to walk around and do more exploring if you'd like." Thor said as he walked off.