𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐬

Her suitcase clicked against the pavement as she ran into his arms

Her suitcase clicked against the pavement as she ran into his arms. The familiar scent making her making her sigh in happiness. She was home after a long time of being away and filming. 

She wished he felt the same that night, that way they would have a love story with a happy ending.

She broke down every time she heard his name, sometimes it was her own head toying with her. She didn't want much she just wanted to be with the guy she loved.

Something simple but with love.

She knew that she would never get a fairytale love story, she didn't want one either. She wanted to date him, marry him and have her own family.

Life didn't love her though.

That night as she wore a mega watt smile he carried a pained look, plastering a smile every time she looked his way . She knew something was off, but the thought of a harsh reality wasn't taken in her mind at that time.

So she ignored it

The next morning he woke her up, his eyes looked bloodshot.

This wasn't good.

He never cried.

Her breathing became ragged as words tumbled from his mouth. Ice running through her veins as he begged her to say something.

She wasn't angry, she couldn't be.

Not one tear had dropped from her eyes as he was talking, everything went blank for seconds. It all seemed to be a haze; a dream. She couldn't focus exactly on one thing he had told her.

It was a nightmare.

She left as soon as she could, he let her. She planned their future out, she didn't have any expectations of everything going exactly the way she thought it would.

She just didn't think, it would go like this.

-

-

Years later, she was nursing a Algonquin cocktail as she saw him. It was at a rooftop in New York, her friend had recently gotten engaged and they hosted an intimate celebration of the happy news. He was there She didn't want him there.

His head thrown back laughing, he patted the his friend's back.

She couldn't guilt trip him, it had been years and she had moved on and was enjoying life.

"So then he pushed me into the pool in the middle of the party" Ariana ranted on.

"He's here" Liz spit out.

"Who?"

"Him" Liz tilted her head pointing to his direction. Ari's mouth formed an 'o' as she promised Liz sh'd find a way to kick him out.

Liz was hoping Ariana would fail.

She did.

"Lorelei's fiancé and him are close friends from highschool, there's no way we can somehow kick him out." The younger girl huffed.

"It's fine. It's just life deciding that I'm fun to bully"

"That's not true" She started before her phone started ringing and she shot her an apologetic look before taking it and hurrying off.

She got up to get a refill as she felt his eyes on her, a smile graced her lips.

Part of her hated herself while the other wanted to laugh so bad at her situation.

He was her first love and If life didn't want her to forget she wouldn't let him forget either. Sipping on her cocktail she turned around, he was trying his best not to look at her. Ten years later and they both of them still having control of another.

Life really did hate them.

-

-

-

Drink water and get sleep.

Love you! ♡