𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Liz blinked back tears as her heavily drunk boss yelled at her for the tenth time that day

Liz blinked back tears as her heavily drunk boss yelled at her for the tenth time that day. It took all her strength not to yell back at him and quit right there on the spot.

She needed this job desperately, It was her only source of income and with the college bills she had to pay she had no other alternative.

Nodding her head slowly she quickly ran out of the room, to be  welcomed with the sight of wasted girls dancing with older men and empty beer bottles sprawled across the floor. She swallowed the lump that formed at the back of her throat, if she didn't clean all of this up by daylight she'd be fired on the spot.

The bar she worked in was open 24/7 leading to her task of cleaning the bar almost nonviable, swallowing in the shred of pride she had left , she set out to make a small effort before getting fired.

-

-

Minutes later, she spotted a book. A rather odd object to find in a bar, and even odder a man behind the book. 

Her curiosity getting the better of her she approached him before commenting on the unusual object he brought into the bar.

"Nice Book, This isn't a library though"

"I've pieced together that already, thanks" He glanced at her briefly, before his focus drifted back to his book.

"Liz" She had no idea why she gave him her name, but something about him seemed different and she yearned for a change in rhythm regarding her life choices.

"Avan" He said indifferently.

"Don't mind me asking but why would you decide to read a book here" She gestured around at the dancing bodies, "Out of all the places"

"I didn't want to come here, got dragged by my friends" He shrugged.

"Maybe you should learn to have some fun"

"Fun isn't dancing around and getting drunk every weekend"

"What's your fun then?" She asked, biting her bottom lip hoping she wasn't intruding too much.

"Enjoying around with friends, not necessarily getting drunk all the time but yeah" He placed his book down capturing her eyes with his.

"You should get new friends" She said breaking the eye contact.

"You should get a new job" He replied picking up his book again.

-

-

The bar started clearing out as a set of new individuals came through, Liz groaned in annoyance she had just cleaned up after the last batch.

She had enough of this.

Maybe that stranger was right.

Looking for him amidst the new crowd she spotted him quite easily, a smile formed upon her pink lips.

He was still there.

Drowning a whole whiskey she walked over to him confidently.

Once he caught sight of her he idly chuckled to himself.

She was persistent.

 "A stroll in the moonlight" Avan asked, resting the small book in his long coat pockets.

"I- I would like that" She didn't know why she was going on a stroll with a random guy at the bar, but she didn't feel like stopping herself.

He smiled at her before gestured out his arm, having nothing else to do she looped her arm through his while returning the smile.

"Why do you work there?" He asked her after they both stepped outside the little bar.

"Money" she replied bluntly as she felt the sharp wind against her skin. "Orphaned at the age of 5, lived with my cousin for years and it's high time I pay them back." 

"Independent" He murmured to himself, she caught that and her smile widened.

"Why not get some new friends?" Liz asked, placing her hand on his upper arm.

"Easier said than done" He grimaced. "They can set a bad reputation for anyone, making it impossible for me to move on and I'm just trying to get through college"

Liz clicked her tongue and nodded her head, "I've never had any friends"

Avan turned to face her, his eye's bearing a glint of sadness for her. She was stunning, her raven hair cascading down till her shoulders and her blue eyes glistening as she stared at him with just as much passion. She didn't deserve this much unfortunate lifestyle.

 The alcohol in his system making his decision for him he hesitantly inched closer to her before joining their lips together.

-

"That's when we finally met, dated, got married and had you" Liz tickled her 4 year's old  making the the little one squeal in delight.

"I'm so glad you two met" Caroline hugged her mother's side falling asleep.

"Me too baby" Liz pressed her lips against the young one's hair.

"I'm glad we met too" Avan said leaning against the doorframe as Liz ushered him outside, the both of them taking a quick glance at their sleeping daughter.

-

-

-

Ever just hate your writing, but need an escape?

 I'm working on a smutty one shot, so that will be out later.

ily drink water and eat something!

Merry Christmas Eve loves!!