Chapter 5

The next week flew by quickly with all the house renovations. By the time Friday came around they were putting finishing touches to the house. The siding on the house is now a nice mint green color with dark green trimming around the window and door frames. The house now has a ten roof that has been painted white. The front door is a heavy dark oak with brass details and door knob. Walking into the front door the living room is painted a nice blue grey with oak floors throughout the whole house. The kitchen is painted a light teal color with grey cabinets and granite countertops. The down stairs bathroom is painted white with light grey countertops with a white porcelain sink. There's a bathtub with a shower and a checkered white and blue shower curtain with matching blue towels, rags, and hand towels. The two bedrooms down stairs are both painted the same grey color as the living room. One of the rooms is the spare bedroom while the other one is an office for my new job. Going upstairs I turned the whole upstairs into the master bedroom and added a bathroom. The bedroom has a king size bed with a light blue bedspread and matching pillows. There are black bedside tables on either side with a chest at the foot of the bed. Up against one wall is a dresser with a full length mirror beside it. Directly across from the bed is the bathroom. In the bathroom there's a huge bathtub. On the right side of the tub is a standing shower, and on the left side of the tub is the closet. 

   Throughout the whole week I would meet up with Jason before everyone would get here and we would have a walk around the property and learn more about each other. Well I learned as much as I could understand with him, which wasn't much. Today when I wake up in my comfy bed I look at the alarm clock on my bedside table. The clock read eight a.m. I rolled out of bed and started getting ready for the day. When I walk down stairs I go to the kitchen, and start making breakfast for dad and I, since dad is going back home today. I make fried eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee. I also grab the blueberries and strawberries out of the fridge and put them into two small bowls. I start plating the food when dad makes his way into the kitchen.

   "Morning. Have you figured out what you want to do today?" I said as I started setting up the table.

  "Well I figured that we could go to the gun store and get some ammo and check the wild life out back." he said as he sat down at the table.

    "Sounds good. We can go when we get done." I said as I sat down at the table. We ate our food and got ready to go. When dad goes outside to the truck, I grab the extra plate of food I had set aside and set it on the table for Jason to have. I have figured out that Jason really likes my cooking but doesn't want to meet or be around my dad. Every day three times a day Jason comes by and grabs a plate of food that I set on the window seal. Since I'm leaving for the day I'm going to leave it inside so he can sit and eat. I walk out the door and go to the truck where dad is waiting. Loading up I look out to the forest and I see Jason waving at me. I wave back as we pull out and take off to town. 

    When we pull up to the gun shop I see a police cruiser sitting out front with a sheriff written on the side. Groaning I get out of the truck and go inside with dad. When we get in we walk up to the counter and I start admiring the crossbows they have. 

    "Which one do you like?" Dad asked.

"I like that one." I tell him pointing to a black and blue camo crossbow. Dad excuses himself saying he's going to find the bathroom.

    "Would you like to take a look at it?" a salesman came up to us and asked me.

    "Yes please." I said. When he hands me the crossbow I start looking at it when I hear the unpleasant and annoying voice of the sheriff.