Welcome

I twisted the brass knob and opened the door with a small creak. A tiny bell rang as I stepped through. Inside, it was like a miniature green house store. It was warm, well insulated, and there were lots of big flowers and bushes. From lilac and rose bushes to succulents and soybeans(?!?), it was very unique to say the least.

I could hear a song on the overhead playing as a I grazed. It was Dreamy Night by Lilypichu. I could feel a sudden sway in my step as I walked to the lofi beat. I couldn't deny how neat the place was. And the selection of plants was mesmerizing, and somewhat overwhelming, almost like a floral shop. And this was a store you could shop from? Wow...however, I couldn't help but wonder what I was looking for.

The card would "give me access inside," he said. This was Toast. He used big brain deductions as frequently as he makes jokes. Knowing how he was, he was probably hinting that I do some fucking investigation and observation. What a guy. I chuckled at the old times. The plants suddenly started being sprinkled with water and the concrete floor was littered with drains placed.

I continued to walk around small puddles here and there until I came across a dry wall of Lilypichu photos. One of the photos said she was a co founder for the creation of the place. Damn, she literally was everywhere. I walked around before coming across a few tables of yellow lilies all placed in a long row. Wait.

Lilies.

Was that a clue? There weren't any other type of flowers in this area. And there were four counters full of nothing but the yellow lilies. I started to look under and around the pots for anything out of the ordinary. I lifted about five or six soil pots before the sprinklers turned off, exposing a small clear plate on the table with a flattened sign that said "out of order" next to it.

Out of order? That's a random sign for a plant shop to have. Was it to activate the sprinkler? It definitely wasn't a spot for fucking maintenance to come...

Then, I remembered the instruction to bring the card I was given. How weird. I guess this had to be what gave me access. I looked at the card before placing it over the glass screen. I heard a wonky ping before the dry wall off photos began sliding.

I could feel myself want to smile, but I chose to keep moving. I was getting hungry and it wasn't the hour I preferred roaming anyways.

When I walked through the opening, it closed behind me. Well, fuck, no turning back now. I walked down a dark hall and clasped my bat tightly, preparing for any son of a bitch to come out. It reminded me of when I played Silent Hill 2 as a kid. Being the guy to take down humanoid monster with a crowbar, hearing a scuffle in the dark that isn't yours, playing a haunting mental soundtrack in the back of your head, and all that spooky shit. It sent a chill down my spine. Fuckin' sweet.

Before I knew it, reached the outline of a door in the dark. I looked at the card and a small light coming from the crease. "Is this it?" I whispered out loud to myself. Only one way to find out.

I reached for the door, but just as I touched the knob, the door creaked open towards me, light spilled into view. I took a step back. The light shon on my bad eye so I looked in with the other, ready to use my bat and knife if this was a trap from the start. I could see a silhouette.

"Welcome. It's very nice to meet you again, Corpse."

It was Toast. "You made your decision a lot sooner than I expected. I guess you could say, curiosity killed the Corpse Cat, eh?" He laughed as he gestured for me to come in. I wanted to hit him over the head with my bat for that lameass joke. Not to mention, no one had called me Corpse Cat in a long time...I stood still, looking between Toast and to the other side of the door.