Pour Some Sugar On Me

Disclaimer
The songs included in this piece include:
Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard; cover by R5
Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf
Who Did That To You by John Legend

There is some crude humor and a dark joke about suicide made by Hester, but nothing else.

If anyone had told Sophie that she would be in a rock band, she would've asked if they were mentally sound in the head. Growing up the 'good' sister, she leant towards a lot of classical and 'feminine' music. Her twin sister was the one who liked rock 'n roll. The one who would listen to music that could rattle your teeth if you listened to it too loud.

When Principal Dovey and Lesso had given the school a project on perspective and Agatha had asked her to join the band she was forming, she wasn't sure what was going on when she joined. The whole project was supposed to end their sophomore year, but here they were, 2 years later, still playing. The group of misfits, ranging from different families in a rock band that was very popular in the small town of Avalon. 

It was quite a journey if she had anything to say about it, recalling their first performance with the fervor of child in a toy store. She wasn't nervous, the complete opposite actually. She was able to sing and this allowed her to give her gift to those around the world who longed to see it. It was Agatha who was nervous, ranting about the "what-if's" and "who's its" and "what's its" that could happen. 

"Aggie, you need to chill." She sighed, looking at the nervous mass of pale skin and dark hair. "You're going to wear out your shoes and get wrinkles. You also can't have grey hair before senior year. I forbid it." She continued, turning back to her eyeliner. 

"But Sophie, what if-"

"Agatha, if you spill another 'what if' that is impossible, I am forbidding you from stepping foot on stage." Hester snapped, looking up from her clip board. "No cows, crows, pigs, horses, or snipers will be in that audience. You aren't popular enough for someone to try and kill you. Pretty boy? Maybe. But you? No."

"But-"

"There will also be no suicide bombers, although if this is what I'll have to put up with for a year, I wish there was one." The gothic woman groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Did you take your meds today?" Agatha blushed, opening her mouth to respond but was beat by someone else.

"Hester!" Beatrix cried, looking up from where she was tuning her guitar. "You can't just ask someone if they took their meds!" 

"Oh, go snog your girlfriend." Anadil snapped in return, crossing her own arms. "She was just asking a simple question. Agatha is never this bad." The albino continued, narrowing her eyes at the pacing girl in black.

"She did. I made her." Sophie tossed some of her hair over her shoulder to put in earrings. "She's just nervous."

"And you aren't!" Agatha held her hands out, gesturing to the door that they would have to leave from soon.

"Aggie, darling, I love you, but you're the only one. I have a gift that the world needs and I'm happy to share it with them." Sophie explained, holding her sister's trembling hands in her own. "Now, if you keep on stressing, you are going to stay back here and think about how to calm down." Sophie pushed herself off of her chair and looked at the clock.

"5 minutes!" Dot called, knocking on their door. "Backstage in 5!" 

"Thank you, five!" The girls called out in return, watching as Hester and Anadil left.