₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ 19

(We're back to Y/N's POV now...)

     You sighed, letting yourself drag your feet as you walked away from yet another house that wasn't good enough for you. Nicole patted you gently on the back. 

     It had been nearly a month since you had moved in with Vincent. He had given no sign away that he was growing tired of you, and yet you anticipated one. You had stayed longer than you had intended to, and you were scared that he might kick you out or something. 

     Either way, you were taking responsibility - if only finding a house wasn't so hard. 

     You and Nicole neared the edge of the sidewalk. 

     "It's fine, Y/N. I'm sure your realtor has other options." The brunette tried to cheer you up. You hated being pessimistic around Nicole; it made you feel bad, so you tried to hold it in the best you could. 

     "Yeah, I know," You sighed. "It's just that we've been looking all day." 

     You crossed your arms. Your friend idled awkwardly next to you. 

     "Sorry this sucks so much," You told her. "You can go home if you want; you don't have to stay here with me."

     "I want to! I plan on being the only one to see your eyes go sparkly as you find the perfect house. It's gonna be great!" 

     She smiled and placed her hands on your shoulders. You laughed a little - Nicole always knew how to cheer you up. 

     Suddenly, you heard a familiar voice from behind you, accompanied by the clicking of heels on pavement. 

     "Sorry I left you waiting out here, darlings," The sweet southern accent was friendly. "I was helping a couple." 

     You and Nicole turned around to look at your realtor, Rosie. She approached the two of you steadily, a smile on her red lips. You returned the gesture ingenuinely. 

     "So, what did you think of that one?" She asked tenderly. You sighed. 

     "I'm sorry. It just doesn't seem right for me." 

     "That's completely ok, sweetie! You'll find a house that clicks, and when you do, I'll be ready to sell it to you!" 

     A faint smile pulled at your lips. I'm just happy she's being so patient. Hell, wouldn't even be this patient with me. 

     "Now," Rosie continued. "I have one more house just down this street I think you might like. That ok?" 

     You nodded while Nicole placed her hand carefully on your shoulder. 

     "What if this is the one? I can feel it!" She giggled as the three of you started walking. You rolled your eyes. 

     "You've been saying that since the 5th house. I think your intuition's a bit fucked," You muttered. Nicole chuckled. 

     "Oh, I haven't actually been feeling anything this whole way here. But wouldn't it be cool if I said it and then it actually ended up being the house?" 

     "Shut up," You laughed at her. She rolled her eyes before straightening up. 

     "Wow, I really feel like this is the one, seriously!" She continued.

     Rosie stopped in her tracks, causing you and your friend to halt behind her. She spoke up as you gazed at the house in front of you.