₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ 30

Jack's POV

     I slowly turned the handle to the guest room door, not entirely sure if Y/N had left yet. It opened slowly with a drawn-out creak, and I grimaced.

     Too much noise. I thought.

     It was fine, though, because, upon exit of the small room, I made out the blurry shape of the closed door down the stairs. She left.

     That was the problem. Where was she going?

     Usually, I wouldn't have investigated, but this seemed different. I could tell that Y/N had deliberately tried to be quiet - not that it'd make any difference; I was still awake and would have heard her either way. 

     Anyway, when someone's trying to be quiet, you know it's a secret. So I tip-toed down the stairs in an attempt to be quiet myself. I didn't want her to know I was following behind her trail.

     Soon, though, I ran into a problem. She has a car - I don't. How could I possibly track her if she's so fast?

     I emerged into the kitchen, deciding I might just leave it be.

     But then I heard a buzz; the vibration tingled all throughout the granite countertop. I saw a screen light up and illuminate the kitchen.

     Ooh, she left her phone here! I reached for it without another thought to stop myself.

     Upon swiping up, I noticed that she didn't have a passcode. I giggled under my breath. How could she be so silly?

     The notification wasn't important. It was something from Twitter, I think. I swiped it away in confusion, trying to get back on track.

     What could give me a hint of where she was going?

     Then, suddenly, the phone buzzed in my hands with another notification. It was from messages.

     I opened it to see a whole conversation.

mr. crumpets and tea: meet me at the restaurant. it's urgent.

is it unlocked?

mr. crumpets and tea: of course. but you should probably hurry.

mr. crumpets and tea: and, this is going to sound odd, but don't bring your car. or your phone, for that matter. i can't tell you why.

fine

     And, the most recent message.

mr. crumpets and tea: not sure if you'll see this, but, again, hurry.

     My eyes widened at the suspicious chain of texts. So there was a secret meeting going on?

     I turned off Y/N's phone and set it back down on the counter, frowning. At the restaurant? That must have meant Freddy's.

     She had lied to me! She could get into the restaurant - with the help of her boss who she was sooo in love with, mind you.

     I clenched my fists.

     She would happily go skipping off with her stupid purple boyfriend, but not make enough time in her day for her little brother?

     I huffed under my breath and pushed out of the kitchen, going to grab my shoes.

     I'm following her. I thought before my gaze landed back on the granite countertop. And I'm taking her phone with me.